Part 32: Where he wished

Xavier

In every story, someone gets hurt.

And in this chapter of my life, i am the victim of love.

walang masama sa pagmamahal, at mas lalong hindi masamang mmasaktan.

Because pain, in all sense, is a feeling created by God to tell us the big "NO", 

I knew that I can't  make her happy, and i am a coward to have walked away from her.

But walking away,is better than watching her be torn between the two of us. She has a kind heart, and won't like me to get hurt.

But in love, being hurt is inevitable.

As i walked in the busy streets of manila, my thoughts are acattered.

What will I do now?

** a third person's perspective about xavier, different writing style**

He walked along the bustling streets of Manila,  dodging many people passing by. Faces He don’t recognize and others whom he knew yet he didn’t want to say a simple hi.

He wanted to be alone.

He wanted to be all by himself and only care about nothing; because people only make him feel lonely. People leave, people lie, and people die. He thought it will be better if he will just stop caring.

And because he knew that not every person he loves would love him back.

He felt lonely, even in the crowds.  He cursed the fairy tales existing in the world. Why would they give children false hopes?

He thought. Nothing ends happily, no ending is blissful. And so, He continued to walk and let his feet take over him. He played with his silver necklace, continued on in his unknown path. But he grew tired and stopped.

He looked up the sky and took a deep breath. What do you want to do with me? He whispered.

Then a shooting star lit up the lonely sky. It was his first shooting star and he thought this might not happen again so he then closed his eyes and wished:

I want to be loved.

Then he saw her, looking up the sky.

He saw a girl, tearful and sad looking at the same star he poured his heart into.

He wanted to be there for her, not knowing why he felt like being pulled. He feels like he needs to be there for her. He feels like he knew her.

Do the broken ones know their own kind?

Annelise

She sat there. Her hands on her chest, thinking that it would stop the pain she is feeling. The pain is so sharp, it shattered her soul to pieces. She thought he found the one, but what she found was the one who will break her.

She thought that she will finally get his happy ending people embellish about. She said to herself, I believed, now I suffer.

She is afraid, afraid to love thinking that again, she will be broken. She hates being vulnerable, but several heartaches can make one break.

It’s like a glass you broke and tried to fix, but still the cracks are there, never going to leave. She cried, letting her tears take away her sadness and pain.

Maybe one day, she will be with the one who fate willed for her to be with. She saw a spark in the sky, lighting up the path it covered.

Wind blew to her face and she felt that God is with her. She closed her eyes and wished:

I want to be loved.

The shooting star glittered and faded, but the wishes remain.

And then she saw him.

She saw the guy with his silver necklace, looking up the sky. She felt like they are the same. That they need the wish they have just made.

That it was like their only hope to feel alive again. She could see that deep down his strong exterior hides a person who is also vulnerable, also alone.

She saw him, walking towards her and she thought, together they could make a wish.

 He walked towards her and sat beside her and offered her a handkerchief.

“Here, wipe your eyes. It’s a lovely night.” -Xavier

A/N: When a chapter ends, another begins. As for Xavier, He met Annelise. :)