A Troubled Hood Chick-Chapter 8 (Optional)

***

*Several Weeks Later*

Quanti-

I gripped on to the pregnancy test, about to see my results. I sat on the toilet in the bathroom about to find out if I was pregnant or not. Honestly it was a waste of money because I already knew I was preganant, throwing up and shit.

It would be nice to have a baby, but it wasn't nice feeling sick on my birthday. But it was cool to find out that I'm pregnant on mother's day. I swallowed down the huge lump in my throat and lifted up the test, +. I smiled and looked down at my stomach.

Hopefully Trey felt the same way. Now he would have two children. I just hoped having a baby would make him stop cheating. He haden't been home since morning because he had to make sure things were running smoothly at the warehouse.

I figured he wouldn't be back for the next few hours so I decided to have a little fun. I walked out of the bathroom, tossing the test in the waste bin next to the toilet. I walked into me and Trey's bedroom searching for something to wear. I walked into the walk in closet, slipping my pink adidas suit off the hanger.

Along with my simple pink and white matching adidas shoes. I placed them on the bed and hopped in the shower. Once I was out the shower, I pushed my tight curls into a curly ponytail continuing to let it air dry. Lotioning up my body, I put on my clothes, along with some jewelry and I was out. Not knowing where to go.

I then remembered Neveah was at Trey'von's sister, Janae's house. "Damn, how could I forget that?" I said to myself. Rushing down the stairs and running straight out the door.

***

"Is Neveah ready?" I asked plopping onto the couch. "Girl she in my room sleeping, I can wake her up right now if you want?" Janae offered. I nodded. She walked out of sight into her room. I could hear Neveah's loud groans and the creeking of the bed.

Soon enough she came out into the living room, looking tired. "Damn, what did y'all do last night?" I asked wiping the sleep out of her eyes. "Nothing much, just hung out." Janae said and shrugged.

"What y'all about to do after this?" Janae said. "I'm about to go to the mall, you tryna roll?" I asked getting up from the couch. "Sure, I ain't having nothing to do anyway." She said getting her shoes from out the closet. Neveah slipped on her adidas sandals and we all walked out of Janae's house.

***

We walked into Norstroms. I was on the hunt for some more jeans. A store clerk walked up th us. "Need any help?" The lady asked. "Yeah, do you guys sell true religion jeans here?" I asked. "Yeah to the left." I nodded, rushing over to get several pairs of jeans. I also got a few simple polo tops. "You want anything Neveah?" I asked. She nodded, running over to the kid's sections and grabbing some floral tops.

I was getting tired of standing on my feet all day. I quickly pulled out my flats from my purse and slipped them on and threw my heels in my purse. "You not getting nothing Janae?" I asked. She shook her head. "I went shopping yesterday girl." She said. Neveah came back with a few items. We got in line so I could purchase the items.

While in line my stomach felt a little funny. And I felt as if I had to throw up. I ran out of line, there was no trash can in sight so it all came out on the Nostrom's floor. I held my stomach in pain. Morning sickness. My head was killing me also. One of the people that worked there placed me in a chair. Janae ran over to me.

"I paid for the stuff girl." She said. "Are you okay?" She asked placing her hand on my shoulder. "Quanti...are you pregnant?" She whispered. I looked around and slowly nodded. "Ahh, I'm going to be an auntie!" She said excidetly. I gave her the "shut up look" I guess she understood.

"Does Trey know?" She asked. "Nope, he left out earlier this morning." I said. "Well lets get you in bed, gotta keep little Janae healthy." Janae said leading us to the care with her arm wrapped around my shoulder.

Tre'von-

I picked up the pregnancy test from out the waste basket right before I took out the trash. Why hadn't Quanti told me? I don't know what we would do about this baby on the way. I already had one kid. But I must admit that I'm happy.