Chapter 6

December 25, 2009

Jenna's P.O.V

I had walked inside my house just in time for the phone to ring. I'd spent my day at my mother's for our annual Christmas dinner. Watching all of my nieces and nephews open gifts and getting a couple myself.

"Hello?"

"Jenna?"

"Corey?"

"Merry Christmas, beautiful.", he said.

"I haven't heard from you in so long. I've seen you on the Two Corey's. I'm sorry about Feldman.", I said.

"Can I see you?", he asked. "If you still live at the apartment."

"Yeah, of course.", I answered. Then, I heard a knock at the door.

"Well, that was fast.", I said opening the door.

"Look up.", Corey instructed. I looked up and saw a mistletoe.

"What about that girl? From England?", I asked.

"She's not you. It would've never worked out.", he answered. He glanced back up and I sighed. I stepped out and kissed him.

"Get inside, it's freezing.", I told him. He walked in and brushed the snow off. He took his shoes of at the front door and jacket.

"Thanks.", he said when I handed him a cup of coffee.

"Why haven't you called?", I asked.

"I didn't think you'd want to hear from me.", he answered. "I have something. A Christmas present." He pulled out a box from his jeans.

"My ring?", I asked.

"Yeah, I figured you'd want it back after you threw it in my mother's yard.", he chuckled.

"Corey, we're not together.", I said.

"We can be.", he replied.

"We've tried many times. I'm no good for you, you're no good for me. We only hurt each other.", I said, feeling the tears form.

"Baby, please, one more time. One more. I can't bare a day without you. I need you. I need you, Jenna.", he begged.

"Corey, maybe you should go.", I began crying. He stood up, putting the ring back in his pocket. I followed him out to the front door. He turned back around when he opened the door. Suddenly, something inside me stopped him. I shut the door. He looked confused, along with hurt, but relieved.

"I'm going to regret this.", I said. I cupped his face and pulled him in for a kiss. He deepened the kiss.

"I love you, Jenna.", he said. I reached into his pocket and grabbed my ring. I handed it to him for him to put it back on me.

"I love you, Corey.", I replied as he slid my ring onto my ring finger.