Chapter 17

The Next Day
1988

"You're mine and we belong together. Yes, we belong together. For eternity.", I sang along to the Ritchie Valens that played through my grandmother's old car. It made me think of Corey and how we belong together.

"I'm not as bad as you think. I've missed you a lot.", my grandma said.

"I know, I've missed you, too.", I replied. I miss Corey more.

A few hours later and we made it. Dallas, Georgia. The little town that everyone confuses with Dallas, Texas but that's if they actually hear about it.

"Hey, do you mind if I use the phone?", I asked my grandmother right when we walked through the door.

"I figured you'd ask that so I moved the phone to your room.", she replied with a soft smile. I walked down the hallway and opened a squeaky white door. Inside held my entire childhood from when we lived in Georgia.

Beside the bed I found the phone and instantly I dialed Corey's number.

"Hello?", he answered.

"Corey? Corey, I miss you so much.", I cried.

"I miss you, too. I've been thinking about you all day. I wish I could be with you.", he said.

"I want you here with me. I need you here. Corey, I'm not used to this place or the people and I can't do this by myself.", I panicked.

"Hey, listen, you'll fit in great. Who knows, maybe some people will recognize you from the Lost Boys. The population is small so you'll be fine.", he tried encouraging.

"I don't care about the people here. I just want you.", I sobbed.

"I know, baby. I want you just as bad. When you come home, we'll be together and we'll be happy and to hell with everyone else. It's us against the world. I'll come see you the first chance I get. I love you."

"I love you, Corey.", I replied. I heard the other line go dead and felt my heart sink. He wasn't on the other line anymore and I was alone.

After a few days of adjusting, I had to start a new school. It was my first day and my anxiety was so bad from not knowing anyone.

Luckily, I found my first period. It was environmental science and I had to sit by this one boy with curly brown hair.

"Hi, I'm Trent.", the boy smiled.

"I'm Jenna.", I awkwardly responded. I tried paying attention to the teacher but I could feel a pair of eyes resting on me.

"Can I help you?", I turned and asked with a bit of attitude.

He chuckled before saying, "You just look really familiar."

"Not like I haven't been in a movie with the Two Corey's.", I mumbled.

"What was that?", he asked. Shit. He heard me.

"Um, I said it's not like I wasn't in a movie with the two Corey's...", I kind of whispered. He squinted his eyes in concentration and then shook his head.

"No, you're messing with me.", he said. "There's no way I'm supposed to believe that."

"Ever heard of the Lost Boys?", I asked.

"Yeah, I went to see it in theaters. Well, was supposed to see it but I was busy the entire movie.", he winked.

"Well, you missed out on seeing me on the big screen.", I shrugged. There's no way this guy could be so oblivious. When I was in the front office getting my schedule a handful of people came up to me, begging me for an autograph or telling me how lucky I am to be dating Corey Haim.

"I'll stop by blockbuster and rent it.", he began. "On one condition."

"Alright...", I said.

"You have to watch it with me.", he bargained.

"Uh, I'm dating Corey.", I responded.

"Hey, all I did was ask you to watch it with me, not suck my dick.", he laughed.

"Wow.", I said in amazement of his maturity. "Alright, I'll watch it with you then. Since it's so important to you."

"Give me your address and I'll be there by 7.", he said.

"Deal."