Chapter 14

February 1988

"Jenna, come meet James.", my mom drunkenly said. I rolled my eyes and went to her voice. There she was with some strange man that I'll probably have to call uncle.

"Hi.", I awkwardly smiled.

"My, Theresa, she is incredibly beautiful.", he creepily complimented. I nodded still very awkward and walked into my bedroom. Right before I shut the door, I yelled down that Corey was coming over.

I walked over to my record player and began playing Led Zeppelin. Suddenly, after a few songs, my bedroom door opened. Without paying attention, I began to speak;

"Hey Corey."

"It's not your friend...", the voice trailed off.

"Oh, hi James.", I said, a little nervous. "Where's my mother?"

"She went to get more beer.", he answered, shutting my door and walking closer to me.

"Um, I think you should stay where you are.", I suggested, sweating some. He began to unbuckle his pants.

"I think you're wrong.", he evily grinned. Before I could run, he grabbed me and yanked me down onto the bed. I began kicking and screaming.

"Corey!", I yelled.

"Shut up! Shut your mouth.", James spat. He pulled his pants down and tried to pull down mine when someone busted through the door. Tears were flooding my eyes as I looked over and noticed it was Corey. He ran and tackled the guy off of me.

"Jenna!", my mom yelled, furious when she saw me. "How dare you try to make a move on James!"

"Mom, please he tried to rape me.", I sobbed. Corey pulled me closer to him and held me.

"Don't listen to her, Theresa. It was all her.", James pointed.

"Jenna, I want you out of this house. Now!", my mom screamed.

"Mom.", I cried.

"Shhhh.", Corey tried soothing. "Just come to my house, it'll be okay." I grabbed a bag and filled it with some clothes. Corey and I left and when we got to his house, Judy looked so concerned.

"Oh Jenna, is everything alright?", she asked.

"Not now, mom.", Corey answered for me. He walked me up to his room and sat me on the bed. He walked into his master bathroom and turned on the light. Then, I heard water running.

"Corey...", I called.

"I'm drawing you a bath.", he said. He turned the water off and walked towards me. "Baths are supposed to be relaxing or something. Anyways, I don't have candles or anything, but I do have bubbles. I mean, who doesn't like bubble baths?"

"Thank you.", I replied, standing up and walking into the bathroom. I shut the door and began to strip. I noticed that he laid out some of his pajamas for me to wear. I pulled my hair up and slipped into the warm water.

After what seemed like a lifetime, a knock was on the door.

"Jenna, are you alright?", Corey asked.

"Yeah Corey, I'll be out in a sec.", I answered. I got out of the tub and wrapped a towel around my body. I looked in the mirror and saw misery.  I pulled on a pair of underwear and a bra, then Corey's pajama pants and T-shirt. I walked out of the bathroom to see him sitting there with his face in his hands.

"Hi Corey.", I said.

"Hi Jenna.", he smiled, looking up. "I'm really sorry about everything."

"It's okay, I'm really tired right now.", I replied. He pulled the blankets down and tucked me into his bed.

"I'll be in the guest room.", he said, kissing my forehead.

"No, stay. Please.", I begged, tugging on his arm. He smiled and crawled in, snuggling me close to him. We both drifted off to sleep.

IM FIGHTING WRITER'S BLOCK, PLEASE EXCUSE MY SUCKINESS.