Chapter 1

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"Absolutely."

"What about happy endings?"

Happy endings? Did I believe in happy endings? I don't know... I mean, of course there are happy endings in fairytale stories. But did they actually exist? Well I guess they exist, but they were never genuinely happy. There was always the catch. Shouldn't happiness perfect and with no strings attached? Does it really truly exist? Ummm..

"Well..."

Wait. Before you know my answer you have to know my story...

(Xoe's POV)

So I guess my story starts here. It’s a brand new place, a brand new faces, a whole new schedule, and a whole new point of view in life. It was the first day of school. I walked to school like I had done for years. I was looking around for the main office since Zel texted me to meet him there so he could show me around.  I was pretty nervous to be honest, and I really wanted to go back to my old school where everything was familiar to me, but this was a good chance to start all over. You know, turn over a new leaf. I had invested in a new wardrobe (also ditching my dorky, outdated glasses) and I revamped my hair so it's no longer boring. I put a brand new smile to my face and suddenly, BAM! I was a new person, but I was a nervous nonetheless. I made a pact with myself that, starting today, I would have a new outlook on life.

My wedges clicked and my instrument thumped against my back while I looked around for where my best friend could be. Why was it that this school was so hard to navigate in and why was I so bad at directions? Instead of the main office I found the girls bathroom where I decided I would stop quickly to use the mirror and see if I looked okay. I was really nervous. (Did I say that already?) Today, I was wearing my favorite casual outfit: a white fitted t-shirt paired with a black cami underneath, one of my many denim shorts with and my signature strappy wedges and a colorful array of hair-ties on my right wrist. I fixed my shirt and my hair before I stepped back into the hallway on my search to find Zel.

Speaking of Zel, I really missed being with my best friend. We used to spend every waking minute together since we were neighbors and we grew up together but I haven’t seen him since he moved away. He switched to a new school and we never really saw each other much anymore. We both grew up and we seemed to have less and less time on our hands to hang out and we just floated apart. I felt bad that we didn’t try harder to keep our close ties together but now we would be reunited and I loved it. This was going to be the best first day of school ever even if I was scared.

 I finally found the office and there waiting patiently was the person I’ve been waiting to see for what seems like FOREVER. I ran to Zel and he engulfed me in his hug like he had always done in our child hood. Gosh he was a lot taller than me now. I remember when I was taller than him by 2 inches and I could make fun of him being the shortie. Now I was being the short one. I have always been particularly short but I guess it was just kind of a surprise in the difference.

“Hey! How are you my Little Lynn? Been good? Oh geez I’ve missed you!” he said laughing.

“I’m being suffocated!!!” I said, my words being muffled by his hug.

He ignored me and I started to try and wriggle out of his grasp but he was a lot stronger than he used to be. Now he was just hurting me in his bear hug and I was trying to get his attention.

“Zel… Please! You’re hurting me!” I gasped.

He let go and laughed at my reaction. It was good to get some air into my lungs. Even though I was trying to gulp down air I could help but smile and Zel. It’s been so long since I’ve seen his face and I missed his hugs too. It was a bubbly feeling to finally be with someone I’ve missed for so long and I could feel like this year was going to be perfect. I just hoped that no one would try to prove me wrong.

Zel turned me around and led me to the lockers when I tripped and fell into another student. I was hoping that my clumsiness would wear away after awhile but I guess I can’t always get what I want.

I murmured a sorry before I clambered up and looked up at the guy I ran into and he didn’t look to happy…

(Conner's POV)

“Ah shit man! Dude watch where you’re going!”

I turned and faced who had ran into me and it was none other than my main man Stripes. Stripes is my all time best friend. He’s always been there for me; through thick and thin. He moved in next to me when we were little. We've inseparable since then. His nickname is Stripes for two reasons: 1) No one can pronounce his first name correctly (Zelve… what kind of bizarre name is that? Sounds like it’s from some sort of crazy rock band…) 2 )He used to have a pair of shoes that had stripes on them. It's the only shoes he wore for a year then he grew out of them and even then, he whined for a week that he wanted his old shoes back. That crazy kid…

"Are you going to help me up or what?!" I said, clearly irritated, as I held up my hand. Stripes laughed as he gave me a hand and I just ignored him.

“Dude, you better apologize for blaming me because I didn’t do anything but you see Xoe here on the other hand was the one that decided to trip and cause you to fall,” he said jerking his head over to his right.

“Yeah? Well I think you should apo-” I stopped short when I realized who I was yelling at.

I was shouting at a girl who was gorgeous for my standards. Beyond beautiful if you ask me. But that’s just asking me and I don’t really know much since I was yelling at her anyway. She had her instrument slung behind her back and she was looking down at her shoes probably because I was yelling at her in the first place. Oh Conner say something come on!

“Um hi I’m Conner,” I finally blurted out.

I held out a hand for her to shake trying to show her that I wasn’t going to yell at her anymore.

“Yeah I’m Conner Colts and I’m one of Stripes’s best friends… Nice to meet you uh…”

“I'm Xoe! Xoe Lynn like Zoey but instead of a Z it’s an ‘x’," she explained as she held out her hand for me to shake.

She seemed nervous and at the same time she was full of life and extremely happy. It was quite a sight to see.

"Stripes? Oh you mean Zel! Wow Stripes is a nickname I’ll have to get used to. Zel and I have been best friends since we were small, but I’ve always gone to Kellyville. My parents decided to move me to Eastman High last minute. Well it was kind of my idea too though. It’s kind of a good way to start over and try something new."

So she was new here… She seemed like an amazing girl and I just hope that I could at least get a chance to show her I’m not a bad guy. I felt so awful for yelling at her… Wait… surely I couldn’t be having feeling for someone I just met. I swore I would never believe in stupid things like that.

Love at first sight?? That’s impossible and stupid. Or is it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Alright thanks for reading you guys!!! I try to post twice a week but when school starts I'll have to bump it down a little bit. Thank you SOO much for reading and please vote and comment! It makes my day!! :) oh and I PROMISE THAT CHAPTERS WILL GET LONGER!!! <33333

~iWriteinspiration