6

Kataleah p.o.v

I grabbed my car keys from the counter as i walked my way towards the door.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Robbie ran after me slightly out of breath, i giggled and jiggled my keys in front of his face "grocery shopping, all we have is fruit and ramen noddle cups in this house, it seems as if mom is going on a strange diet" he smiled and followed me out the door.

"I'm going with you!" He cheered, i smiled up at him and unlocked my door "where's your wife?" I asked getting into the drivers seat "she's currently taking a warm bath with candles and a cup of wine, she has been stressed because of college so I'm letting her relax for today" he explains getting into the passenger seat, i nodded and turned the car on.

"Alright, then lets go on an adventure"

I drove off into the street, i looked out the window as i stopped at a stop sign.

"Do you miss dad?"

The question flew out my lips quickly like if i said it slowly it would hold a different reaction. I missed dad and i had realized me and Robbie hadn't had a single moment to talk about this.

"I don't know.....it hasn't settled in yet but when it does"

He looked over at me with his puppy eyes that showed concern and pain.

"Ill let you know"

The rest of the ride was silent, i was expecting a much bigger reaction from Robbie, he wasn't a calm person, he was very emotional and real and the fact this was all still a haze to him worried me even more.

He grabbed a cart and we rushed inside, the fall chilly weather taking bites of our skin, i shivered once i got inside, the super market was always cold even during winter, i hated it.

We strolled down the isle, picking useless things and things we craved and dumping them into the shopping cart. I whistled as i stopped in front of the cookies.

"Chocolate chip or white chocolate chip cheese cake with raspberries" i asked looking back at him, he made a sad face.

"Porque no los dos" he spoke in a horrible accent, i laughed and grabbed both boxes and let them fall into the now full shopping cart. We kept looking around, acting like lost kids in wonderland, i left Robbie in the beverage isle as i walked over to the wine isle and looked around, lately i was really into alcohol and i don't know if that was a good thing.

I finally spotted my favorite wine and reached over for it but me being the 5'4 women i was, i failed to even grace my fingers against the bottle. "You need help" i recognized that voice anywhere. I turned around to face Jake, my heart doing cartwheels and back flips from the moment i heard his voice.

Before i could answer, he reached over for the bottle without struggle, his body closing mine in into the shelf's, we were so close i was sure you weren't able to even put a single piece of paper between us. My breath hitched as he looked down into my eyes "here" he held out the bottle for me to grab but i was too distracted by his eyes, i slowly found myself leaning in.

I missed him, i missed his body heat, being able to have him.

"Kata! You done?"

Robbie rolled in front of us,there was silence before i took the bottle and cleared my throat "yeah-yeah" i put the bottle inside the cart.

"Hey Robert"

Jake greeted giving him a head nod, Robbie smiled and chuckled "hey man, come through some time, have a couple of beers....hang out" oh Robbie,you didn't love me.

Jake nodded "for sure! I'm free on Wednesdays!" Why did they hate me? "Wednesday is good!" Robbie cheered, they did a weird handshake before we walked away, i looked back slightly to meet Jakes eyes starring at me. I looked away quickly and left.

Once we loaded everything into the car we both sat in silence, i wanted to explode, i wanted to scream.

"So....jake"

Robbie teased, i rolled my eyes, did he enjoy this? Was this entertaining for him?

"Hey you wanna come over for beers and possibly give my sister so much anxiety that she forever hides in the shadows of her room?"

I emmitate his voice in a very slow and deep voice, amusing to me but not to him, i turned on the car and driving off the parking lot.

"Okay, i do not sound like that"