7

Kataleah p.o.v

As promised jake had rang the door bell holding onto a box of beers, I scanned his figure before letting him inside. It just so happened that mom was walking past and by the look on her face, she was in the presence of a ghost. I wish it had been a ghost but it wasn't, it was jake and now I had to deal with it.

As my mother greeted jake in the most subtle way possible and giving me a glance she disappeared through the corridor, her glance only showed fear, she was afraid of us, what we could do. I would be lying too if I said that I wasn't afraid of what was ahead of me and jake as my visitation had long experied and I was still here in the town i had promised to never return to. Jake looked over at me and i decided to scan my eyes at the wall holding a very bizarre painting that I had never noticed before, funny how you start to notice things when things get awkward.

Robbie bounced into the room with a bright full smile, as soon as he did I felt a weight lift off my shoulders, there was so much tension in this room it made me cringe.

I cleared my throat "I'll leave you guys to enjoy of each other's company while I go...ummm...do things that I normally do on Wednesdays".

They both gave me an unsure look before I paced out the room and then finally I could breath. I couldn't deny certain things, this being that jake still had the same affect on me that he did when we first met and it was bad news, it was really bad news.

Jake had been my first love but at the same time he was my forbidden love, we aren't supposed to hold affection to each other. I can't say much of jakes feelings because he has always held things to himself and never expressed his true feelings but I was truly in love with the man and I could have not gotten worst misfortune.

I entered my room and jumped onto my bed, opening my laptop and beginning to type out the article for my magazine. I read over the already written paragraphs and sighed, i was writing of lost love, i was practically giving myself advice, very bad advice.

I continued though, bullshitting most of it, i sent it over to the executive editor and walked down the steps to the kitchen, i could clearly hear Robbie and Jake chatting outside, i poured myself a cup of water and took a gulp. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, i hadn't had a moment to myself since i arrived and i much needed it.

I took another sip from my cup and moaned, i heard a shuffle by my side and i opened my eyes quickly, there stood jake, i looked away quickly and put my glass in the sink.

I made my way out but before i could reach the door, he grabbed my arm turning me around. He held me close, our chest touching i looked down.

"You dont have to run away from me, kataleah...."

I looked up into his eyes, he leaned in pressing his forehead into mine.

"I love you kataleah, ive always loved you....i dont want to loose you".

"Kataleah?"

I jumped up, dropping my cup of water. I looked to my left, robbie and jake standing there with amuzed expressions.

"Fuck"

I muttered, grabbing onto one of the kitchen clothes and beginning to pick up the broken pieces.

"Be careful, you can cut yoursel"

Jake called out, i ignored him and continued to pick up the pieces quickly, i was so stupid, ive never had a daydream feel so real, i was still blushing. I was pathetic.

I jumped out and whimpered as just as jake had said, i had cut myself with the glass. Robbie came rushing to my side. "Here, ill pick up the glass, jake please take her to the bathroom to get cleaned up".

Jake nodded and grabbed my hand but i was too focused on my deep cut to give any reaction. He took me into the corridor bathroom, he picked me up and set me onto the sink. He turned on the skin and gripped my hand, beginning to clean my cut.

I winced, snapping back to reality, he looked back up at me and smiled. "You okay?" I nodded slightly. "The first aid kit is in that drawer, he followed my direction and found the blue box, he opened it quickly and wrapped a bandage around my hand.

"What were you thinking about?"

He asked, i flinched slightly.

"You"