Start of Something

The bell rang and I literally ran out of the room. I looked to where Justin's class was, we was the first out. He saw me and ran to me.

"Hi" he smiled.

I smiled back. He grabbed my hand and pulled me around a corner.

"We have 6 minutes till class starts" he said.

"Perfect" I said. He crushed his lips against mine.

My hands were around his neck. Time passed rapidly because we heard fewer people in the hall and I pulled away.

His lips were on my neck now.

"I think we should..go to class now." I said.

He pecked my lips.

"Ill see you after school." He said.

"Okay" I blushed.

He grabbed his bag and kissed my cheek. Then he went back around the corner. I smiled.

I grabbed my bag and followed him down the hall to my next class. Which Justin was in.

There was a seat open behind him. I sat down. He turned around and smiled.

"Can you maybe come over to my house today..after school." He whispered.

"I'll have to ask jessica." I said.

"Ask jessica? Why?" He asked.

"She's my ride home and I'm staying at her house." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Mr. Bieber, turn around." The teacher said.

He turned around and dylan started talking to him.

I looked at jessica, who was sitting to my right, and smiled. The teacher talked about stuff I really didn't understand.

All of a sudden, the noise was drowned out by a striking siren.

"The school is under lockdown, please lock all doors." The voice kept saying the same thing. Justin turned around again.

The kids started freaking out and the teacher rushed to lock the doors, but the door to our classroom blew wide open, sending the teacher to the ground.

A person in all black came in with something over their face. All of us were huddled in the corner. He grabbed jessica and pulled her into the middle of the class.

He pushed the desks out of the way. Dylan ran out and stood in between the masked guy and jessica.

"Dylan!" Justin called.

"Dude, I don't know who you think she is but-" the guy punched dylan in the face and he fell to the side.

He got closer to jessica. He reached for one side of his belt. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at jessica.

She was crying by now. When dylan saw this he jumped in front of the gun.

"What is it with you?" The guy said. Wait...that guy sounds familiar.

"Don't hurt her. Please." The guy pressed the gun against Dylan's chest.

His eyes squeezed shut and I knew. I pushed through some people.

"Selena, don't!" Justin said.

I got past him and walked towards the gun man.

"Put the gun down." I said.

The man looked at me.

"No" he said.

The gun was no longer pointed at dylan, it was pointed at me. I slightly smiled.

"I know who you are." I whispered so only he could hear.

I saw dylan push jessica out of the way and she went next to Justin. A few kids sneaked out of the classroom while I stole the attention of the gun man.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked in a whisper.

More kids sneaked out. I smiled again. I gotta stop that.

I still saw Justin there.

I looked past the guy and saw police pull into the parking lot. He didn't notice.

Justin's pov-

I saw Selena stand in front of the gun for a long time. The man didn't say anything. I saw the cops pull up behind him. I knew to keep quiet.

I pushed two more kids out of the room.

"Selena" I said.

"Shut up!" The man yelled. The gun pointed at me.

She jumped in front of it again. She..is risking her life for me..she risked it for all of us.

A policemen ran through the door. Selena darted to the side, a gun shot sounded and then she was on the ground.

"No!" I yelled. The gun man fell too.

I ran to Selena. I was already crying.

"Selena." I said.

I flipped her on her back and her eyes were squeezed shut. She opened them when she heard my voice.

"Shit shit shit" she said.

"Are you okay?" I said.

"My arm." She said.

I looked at her arm. That's where the bullet hit. I was so relieved it didn't go anywhere but there.

Police were all around her as this point.

"Kid, move!" They pushed me aside.

I stumbled back, but followed them. I followed them out the room, all she kids watched as they carried her.

I saw jessica and dylan front and center in the crowd of kids.

"No!" Jessica yelled, and then put her face in Dylan's shoulder. He comforted her until he saw me.

Dylan ran to me and pulled jessica with him. She was crying and he was a little too.

"Wh-why?" Jessica said with chattering teeth. Her body was shaking and so was mine.

"She's okay." I said, I wiped my tears with my fingers. "She got hit, but it was in her arm."

"Thank goodness" dylan said.

Jessica put her face in Dylan's chest. His arms were around her. I looked for the guys that had Selena.

"I'm going to look for her." I said.

"Dude-wha-" I heard him say this as I ran out the doors. I saw my mom. She was crying.

She saw me and ran to me, I hugged her.

"This is horrible." She said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, mom. I'm perfectly . The one that their carrying isn't." I said. I started crying again.

"Is it her? The girl you talked about last night." She said.

"Yeah..that was her." I said.

"You don't have to go to school tomorrow baby. You can take a week off." She said.

"I'll stay out as long as Selena will. I think I'll stay with her in the hospital." I said.

"Are you guys a thing?" She said.

"Yeah.." I smiled thinking of the good 20 minutes we had together.