Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-Five

“I think I’m going to be sick,” I moaned, feeling dizzy, coming off another death ride.

“Aww babe,” Kimberley said, rubbing my back. “Come on let’s go sit down in a restaurant thing,” said softly, grabbing my hand, leading me towards a quiet, American themed diner.

“Oh great the smell of food, that’s all I need,” I moaned.

Kim looked back at me with a worried expression, “babe I’m sorry, I feel really bad now, I shouldn’t of made you go on all of those rides,” she sighed. “Do you want to go somewhere else?”

“No here is perfect, don’t worry and I guess it was kind of fun in a way,” I said, now leading her to a quiet table in the corner. We sat down at the table, she ordered two tea’s from the counter and I was hit from the warmth, so I removed my hat from my head. She returned with the teas and started giggling,

“What?” I questioned

“Nothing it’s just your hair has gone a little fluffy,” she giggled, she reached over and patted it softly down, she ran her hand from my hair down my jaw line,  she looked at me like she was taking me all in and she sighed. She went to withdraw her hand from my face, but I held it on my face, stroking her hand slightly,

“What are you thinking Kimba?”

“Alot of things,” she murmured, still staring at me. “You know, even though you’ve been on rollercoaster’s and your hairs fluffy you still look beautiful,”

I smiled, not really knowing how to take that. Surely that wasn’t just being friendly? Did she feel what I felt after the kiss?

“Your not so bad yourself,” I smiled back.

“Are you going to miss me in the holidays?” She asked, shyly.

I released her hand from my face, instead letting it drop with hers to the table. “I’m going to more then miss you! Who’s going to organise me!? You best ring me!”

“I just don’t know and babe, I’ll be ringing you as soon as I’m home” she replied laughing. “Have you got many plans for the holidays?”

“Nope, not really. Just working mostly, I need to get some money,” I answered truthfully.

“You can buy a bigger suitcase then,” she smiled.

“I can can’t I,” I smiled back at her.

***********************************************************************

“Well here we are Cheryl, waterloo,” John said as we walked into the big station. “You know all your train times don’t you?” He checked for the millionth time.

“Yes thankyou. Thank you for today, it’s been really good,” I smiled at him and Diane.

“Your welcome, I hope to see you again soon. Have a good holiday,” I said by goodbyes to Diane and John. Adam had retreated back to the car after I made it clear I was not interested.

“I’ll take her to the platform and meet you back at the car,” Kimberley said, wheeling my suitcase for me.

I led her towards the right platform, the loud engine noise of the trains drowning out any thoughts I had. I really didn’t want to say goodbye, even though it was only for a week, I was going to miss her like hell. I stopped outside a carriage door, turning around to face her.

“I don’t want to say goodbye,” she pouted.

“Neither do I,” I matched her pout, intertwining our hands. “I’ll ring you everyday,”

“Well if you don’t, I’ll be ringing you anyways,” she smiled.

A whistle sounded, signalling the train was about to leave. I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and climbed on, still stood by the door, which was still open.

“ Cheryl we’ll talk properly when we’re back,” she said seriously.

“Talk about what!?” I asked, just as the train beeped and the door closed. She mouthed something but I couldn’t hear or make out what she said, I would just have to find out when we were back, even though I was not sure I could wait that long.