7. Talk about "old friends"

(Media picture of Nadia)

Original Published Date: 6 October 2015

-edited-

Cassandra

I kind of felt like I embarrassed them, I had no idea they didn't have a delta and for some reason I knew it was a lie.

"What are you thinking about?" Balfer asked.

"Hmm?" I ask.

"Your face, you're making that thinking face. What are you thinking about?"

"I do not make a thinking face."

"Yes you do. You bite your lip, narrow your eyebrows, and fiddle with your fingers."

I looked down at my hands as I didn't realize I was playing with them. Then noticed I was chewing on my lip, but couldn't really tell about the eyebrow thing. "Two out of three." I admit.

"No, three out of three." Grant intruded. He shoved his phone in my face, on the camera as I was to see how right he was when I was thinking, biting my lip and my narrowed eyebrows. Balfer chuckled and Grant did the same.

"So what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" Balfer asked.

"Don't you two have a game to attend to?" I ask.

"Haha, we have to take a break from gaming and enjoy the outside world." Balfer says.

"You got in trouble again, haven't you?" I asked, catching them glance away quickly and Grant began to whistle. "You two are idiots." I exclaim.

"You were the first idiot." Grant retorted.

"Is that coming from the one who failed most of his senior year?"

"Touché."

"You seen, Calvin?" A girl asked me.

"No, why? You looking for him?" I ask.

"Well, ya- I mean, yes ma'am." She corrected your self.

"What'd he do this time?" I ask.

"I'm his mate, and he found out then he ran." That ass wipe.

I looked at Grant and Balfer who were as astonished by this as I was. Why would he run from his mate? I ask myself. Right now, that's the only answer I want to find.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Na- Lydia. Lydia Fahiya." She says. Lydia.

"Okay, my friends and I will keep a eye out for him and when we find him we'll let you know." Lydia nodded and ran off.

"Why do you think, Calvin's running?" Balfer asked.

"I don't know. Why would anyone run from their mate?"

We kept walking, we said we'll keep a eye out for him, not look for him. Although that wasn't hard once I opened the door to my room.

"Do you think I could stay here a while?" Calvin asks sitting on my bed.

"We ran into, Lydia, ya know'er... lemme help. She's your mate." I stand on one foot as I lean on my hip and glare at him.

"You don't remember her, do you?" Calvin asks.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"She's a twin. Her name isn't Lydia. Lydia was her sisters name. That's Nadia." Calvin says as if he's speaking as clear as day.

"Her names Nadia Fahiya."

"Cav, I don't know what you're talking about."

"I think I do." Balfer intrudes.

"Same." Grant agreed.

"What are y'all talking about!?" I practically yell.

Calvin patted the seat that was next to him, and I felt to different hands on my back and I was shoved a little.

"When we were freshman," Calvin starts, "Lydia and Nadia was your roommates, for camp. Y'all were really good friends and all, well up until-" He trailed off.

"Lydia and Nadia?" This wasn't coming to me not even a little.

"She won't remember." Grant said hopeless.

"We atleast have to kn-not this bitch again." Calvin bowed his head and clutched his hands into a big fist. Two hands landed on my shoulder as electricity ignite through me. Jonathon.

"He's not a bitch. Can you continue with the damn story."

"What story?" Jonathon asked.

"I want to hear a story." Debby's voice sang from behind.

"Not this one." Grant murmured quietly as Reynold made his way inside with Debra.

Reynold kissed Debra and with her pleasure giggle suppressed causing Grant to leave, feeling uneasy because of how close he was to Menus. But I did not miss the guilt in Debs eyes.

I sat in the seat at my computer desk, and Jonathon sat on my desk.

"Nadia-" Calvin started.

"I know Nadia, she's my cousin her sister passed aw-" Jonathon interrupted.

"Will you shut-up!" Calvin, almost yelled, but was very threatning.

Jonathon growled, but I did not, he needed to shut up. I just didn't want to say it. Then, Calvin continued. "So we were at camp and remember when you and I kissed," Jonathon growled and Calvin smirked, "I was also with Nadia at the time. She saw us that day. So a couple weeks later Grant, Balfer, and I received a ransom note-"

"Holy shit, I remember this!" Debra covered her mouth as her eyes began to water with tears. She turned around and slammed her head into Reynolds chest.

"In order to have a ransom note, someone had to be kidnapped, who?" I ask.

Debra, Balfer, and Calvin all looked at me. "You."

"Cassandra, she tried to-" There was a knock on the door, and I opened it.

It's was Nadia? "You found him, thank you." She squealed. Although her voice was happy her eyes read death and anger.

"How did you find us?" I ask.

"He's my mate, I followed his scent." She smiled, but her eyes didn't change.

Flashback*

"Lydia!" I yelled, as I saw her bleed out in the fallen chair.

"What are you doing?" I cried out to Nadia as she held a bat in her hands.

"You kissed him! I saw it! You said he was only a friend!" She slapped me across the face and hit my knee with the medal bat. I screamed as loud as my lungs would let me. "Scream all you want no-one will hear you!" She yelled.

"Please, he kissed me." I stress.

"But why does he love you!" She yelled. She walked towards the opposite side and threw a sheet off of something that looks like a gasoline bottle. "Now he'll have no-one to love." She started pouring the gas on her sister and around the room, then on me. "Don't worry, it'll be just like a signal fire. When they find two dead girls inside. My sister should've sided with me." She hit me in the face with the medal bat. The light began to fade.

end of flashback*

I grabbed her by her neck and slammed her into the wall. "You tried to kill me!" I slammed her head against the wall. "You killed your sister and tried to burn me alive!"