28. Deal?

Original Published Date: 31 December 2015

-edited-

Cassandra

I'm so sick of him interfering with my missions. I twenty for pete sakes.

They locked him up in a portable jail thing and Eugene has just woken up. "Oh, no." He mumbled.

"Nice to see you're finally up." I smile as Calvin snaked his arm around my waist.

"We're going to die, aren't we." Eugene asked in upset voice.

"Only if you don't tell us where Jonathon is." I smile, but I also lied.

"We don't know, honestly. He went to the club checked into a motel with a girl he met, but when we got there... he was gone. So we decided to get breakfast, then that's when you and your friends showed up." He held his head, but was still awake.

"Oh, and don't expect your mother to visit you in the dungeon." I smirk.

"Why not?"

"She let three rogues loose, she had to pay... with her life. All because she loved treacherous son, you." Calvin sounded really sexy when was threatening.

Eugenes eyes glowed a bright yellow, his teeth grew, he was ready to shift. One of my father's enforcers shot him with a knock out dart used for like tigers, lions, wolves and other large animals.

He instantly fell to the bottom of the cage landing on Timothy. "Alpha said, don't talk to the prisoners." He told me.

"I dont take orders from him anymore." I smile.

He didnt respond. He just started ahead.

Calvin decided he'd put his hand in my back pocket, but I wasn't complaining.

Then it finally came to me. We don't have Jonathon.

"Don't even think about it." Calvin said coldly.

"I already thought about it." I snap.

"Then don't think of it again."

"Too late."

"Cassandra." Calvin growled at me.

"Calvin." I growled back.

"Why can't you let him go. I get it, he took away that first and only feeling, but you have me. I rejected my mate for you. My mate died-"

"Right after she tried to burn me alive." I Interrupt.

"Okay... maybe you should go on a vacation and search for your actual mate, or seek vengeance on Jonathon, but I'm sticking around so you can push me aside and pull me towards you only when you need my help. I'm a enforcer, not lost puppy." He walked away, just leaving me here.

No one ever talks to me that way. Why am I letting him?

Forget it. I don't care.

I began walking when I heard a voice whisper to me. "Eugene." I growl.

"Let me go now, and I'll tell you where Jonathon is." He whispers.

I ponder on his deal.

"You said you don't know where he is."

"I lied."

"Then where is he?"

"You have to promise me that you'll let go if you find him... deal?"

I order them to stop. "Stop the cage."