10. Risk

(Media picture of the Pack House)

Original Published Date: 6 October 2015

-edited-

Cassandra

"Now, that that's done." Jonathon smiled. "You need to know something."

"Know what?" I ask, pulling my shirt down over my head.

"Nadias planning something. She's trying to kill you... again." I walked over to Jonathon, and smacked him.

I zip and buttoned my shorts and tied my hair in a ponytail. "Baby!" He called out. "Where are you going?"

"Just want to know if Calvin did anything. Unlike my mate." I growl.

"Calvin couldn't do anything. That's was his mate."

"And Balfer, 'cause he actually likes me."

"He tried, but I told him I'll handle it when I find you."

"And you thought sex was the answer!" I yell.

"That wasn't originally the plan, but once I saw you kiss my brother it was the only thing on my mind... so it had to happen... and it did."

"Perfect, timing Jonathon." I said sarcastically. "Way to pass time. Maybe while we were sexing, we could've been hit by horse tranquilizers or better yet wolf bane."

"Now you're over reacting."

"It's over reacting, when your mate had sex with you in a forest then tells me I'm targeted for death... again!!! By the same bitch."

"Well that's a bit absurd... don't you think?"

"Then obviously you have no idea what 'absurd' mean!" I yell.

"Something about not being rational and right now you're being irrational."

"Jonathon, you just put my life on the line for your needs."

"Yours too." He crossed over to me and held my hands. "Every second I'm with you, my life is on the line. So... would you rather me be here, or not?"

"If your life is on the line, then I want you as far away as you can get from me."

He took three steps back. "Baby, this as far as I'm ever gonna get from you. I'm not going anywhere." He placed his hands on my waists and pulled me to him as our lips came in contact. He pulled back and smiled, "But we have to go. Somehow our parents found out that we're mates.

"That would be us, and not Timothys fault... but he didn't know they weren't supposed to know." Jonathon lowly growled.

We arrived at the pack house and made our way to the Alphas office... which will soon belong to Jonathon. I knocked on the door and it swung open.

We took our seats. Jonathon sat in the chair and I sat on Jonathons lap. Our parents, not parents, fathers, sat awkwardly and angrily on the opposite side of us.

"We had to find out through Timothy." Alpha Vincent growled.

"In our defense, we tried to tell you guys, but yesterday y'all were in heated masks."

"So?" My father asks.

"So, we were gonna wait."

"I linked you over half an hour ago, where have you been?" Bits of pictures from us in the forest flash in my mind. I bite my corner lip as I see Jonathon try and hide his smile.

"Huh, we were, uh, in the forest." I say. My mom looked as if she already knew what we were doing in the forest.

"What were y'all doing in the forest?" My father asks.

"We wer-"

"Arguing-dad. We were arguing." I say, interrupting Jonathon.

"What about?"

"I'll let you know when I'm finished, other than that Jonathon and I have some scheming and revenge to plan." I smile and get up. Then Jonathon grabbed my hand.

"You said nothing about scheming."

"Then how will I get my revenge without a scheme and pain." Jonathon walk out the door with me, we did leave just yet.

"You know they had sex, right honey?" My mom says.

"I'm well aware." My dad's deep voice echoed.

"That means she was lying about the scheme thing." My says.

"No. I know Cassandra. She wasn't lying. She only uses revenge when she's being threatened. I'm going to call Grant, Menus, and Calvin see what going on." My dad says.

"C'mon, you don't believe Cassandra planing on something completely outrageous and dangerous, do you?"

"She's just like her mom stubborn and persistent." My dad says, a smile in his voice.

"And like her father underhanded, yet she knows what she's doing." Jonathon and I leave after my mom speaks.

"I can't believe my dad thinks I'm stubborn." I frown.

"You're not, but you are persistent. I can tell you that." I smirk at him. "So what's your plan?"

"Right now I need to plan before I forget, but Calvin can't be involved."

"Why?"

"Because, Nadias going to die. Since he's her mate, he'd be manipulated. Then I'll have to go to desperate measures. And that's not worth the risk."