Lauren Holiday: Heart attack

Lauren Holiday, midfielder for the United States Woman's National Soccer Team, was running down the field and suddenly felt something wrong. She slowed and suddenly fell to her knees and onto her back, clenching her chest in pain.

She heard yelling and knew it was her fellow New Kids, Tobin Heath and Amy Rodriguez. She didn't know what was going on. Suddenly trainers came over and were attaching a heart monitor onto her and immediately called for medics.

Tobin and Amy started crying and suddenly Lauren's eyes shut and they immediately got her off the field and to the hospital.

Time skip: After the game

The game had ended 10-0 with Tobin and Amy getting hat tricks along with Carli and then HAO got a goal. They all had quickly showered and changed before heading to the hospital.

They went to the hospital and asked "Lauren Holiday." They were led into a room and Lauren had an Oxygen mask on and had a heart monitor that was weak. Suddenly they heard running and Lauren's husband Jrue Holiday came sprinting in he was going to surprise her after the game. He walked over and had tears in his eyes and so the team left him alone with his wife.

Jrue sat quietly, holding his wife's hand and crying saying "Lauren, don't go. It's going to be okay. Please wake up." He just continued saying that, and soon started praying.

What he didn't know is that Amy and Tobin had begun a team prayer for her.

In the waiting room they stood together and prayed quietly together.

Finally Lauren's family arrived and went to see her. They Lauren laying there in the same state as before, Jrue still praying quietly to himself.

Lauren's father, George, went over and gently tapped him. Jrue jumped and smiled, saying "Hey guys." Rita hugged him saying "Thank you for being here." George asked "Do you know what happened?" Before he could answer they heard a voice saying "I believe I can answer that." They tuned around and saw a doctor with brown hair and brown eyes and said "Hi. I'm doctor Henry and I'm Lauren's doctor. I hate to say this to you, but Lauren had a heart attack today." They gasped and all cried. Jrue said "I'm going to go tell the team about it." George and Rita smiled and told him "Okay. Thanks." He walked out.

In the waiting room the team was sitting quietly....Tobin and Amy were praying still quietly for their fellow New Kid.

When Jrue came in, he pulled them all together and said "She had a heart attack today." They all gasped and then they saw George Cheney coming out saying "She's awake." They all rushed over to her room and saw her eyes were definitely open, and she looked confused.

She saw Jrue and reached for him the best she could so Jrue ran over and kissed her forehead. Lauren still had her oxygen mask on so she couldn't talk very well but she held up an I Love You sign in American Sign Language and Jrue did right back. He smiled and Lauren smiled through the mask.

The doctor came over with a nurse and they took off the mask and replaced it with nose canals. Lauren spoke then saying "Thanks. Hey, guys." Tobin and Amy then said in unison "Really?! You collapse, have a heart attack, and almost give us heart attacks, and all you can say us 'Hey, guys'?!" She smiled at them.

Lauren was going to be okay. Luckily, it wasn't serious, but it was a heart attack, so they had to take precautions and then she couldn't play in the next game, possibly.

End of chapter

Sorry I ran out of ideas for this chapter