Taking Care of You Part 2: lauren and Moe

Lauren Holiday was walking down a hallway in the hospital where Morgan Brian was staying while getting better from a bad bought of flu. Lauren walked into the room and quietly walked over to the sleeping midfielder. She smiled and gently shook her awake and when she woke up Lauren said " hey sweetie how you feeling?" Moe sat up and replied " better." Then her doctor came in and said " Hello Morgan and hello Lauren fancy seeing you this morning." She then walked over and took Moe's temperature and listened to Moe's breathing. " you sound and look better sweetie." The doctor said calmly and then continued saying " you can go home today or tomorrow." Then she left the midfielders alone and Lauren said " moe I need to tell you something." " what's up Cheney?" " your parents went out of the country so you have no where to go since the dash season is over with and you need someone to take care of you since you still aren't full strength yet.....so Jrue and I are going to take you in and help you get your strength back." Lauren matched Morgan's eyes to hers and found the sick girl smiling widely. " okay."

Location Change: Holiday Household.

When Lauren pulled her car up to her and Jrue's place she parked and got out and went to Moe's passenger side of the car and helped her out of the car and to the front door and opened it and yelled " JRUE!!!!" Jrue came running over and Lauren asked " can you take my keys and get all of our stuff while I get Moe settled." Jrue nodded and ran to the car while Lauren brought Moe inside and asked " couch or bed baby girl." " couch is fine." " okay." So she guided her to the couch and helped her lay down. Moe slowly dozed off and Lauren soothed her to sleep. Soon the 22 year old was asleep and then Jrue came in and closed the door and Lauren brought Moe's stuff to the guest room and then went back down stairs and draped a blanket over the younger by 6 years girl ( Lauren is 28 and moe is 22) who was sound asleep. Lauren walked over to her husband and told him " she still is weak she's wiped out. She is also on her medications still and I need to pick the up but I need to bring Moe." Jrue nodded and said " how long should she sleep for." " 2 hours max she still gets tired easily." So they let the sickly girl sleep.

Time Skip: 2 hours later

Lauren walked over and sat down by Moe's head and lifted it into her lap. She then whispered and ran a hand through Moe's hair and woke her up saying " Moe....baby girl wake up sweetie." Moe woke up and weakly looked at her saying " Cheney...." " I'm here sweetie and Jrue is here also you want to sit up?" Moe sat up and Lauren helped her lean against the couch. She then asked " how are u feeling?" Moe replied " fine." Lauren then cut to the chase saying " we need to go pick up your medication but I need you to come with me." Moe nodded and Lauren helped her with her shoes then got her shoes and purse then they headed to the pharmacy.

In the car:

Lauren drove to the pharmacy and asked Moe " how was your nap?" " good." She asked " what do you want for dinner?" " anything you know me not picky really." " okay." Then she drove up to the drive thru window to the pharmacy and was asked " yes who is this for?" " Morgan Brian, Birthday- February 26th, 1993." " yes I have some medication for her to take. It will be 5 dollars." " thank you." Lauren replied before grabbing a $5 bill out of her wallet. She glanced over at Moe who was pale. She paid and got the Meds saying " thanks." Before driving off knowing it was time for another dosage. She was on her Meds for another 2 weeks until the virus was completely gone then she could play with teams again.

Jrue had picked up dinner and Lauren helped the weak midfielder into the chair and Moe was strong enough to eat so the athletes ate dinner and then after they were finished Moe asked " Can I go take a shower?" " sure sweetie let me show you your room real quick then." Lauren told her and brought her upstairs and to a room and showed her where her suitcase was and the adjoining bathroom. Moe went to take her shower then.

Lauren and Jrue were sitting downstairs waiting for Moe when Lauren's phone went off with a text

MoMo: Can you come upstairs please.
Cheney: sure baby girl be right up

She got up and told Jrue " Moe needs me." He nodded and she went upstairs and to Morgan's room and knocked saying " Moe sweetie it's Lauren can I come in?" " help." A weak voice said so Lauren ran in and saw Moe sitting on the ground in front if the door dressed in yoga pants and a t-shirt. She ran over and asked " sweetie what happened?" " I feel woozy Lauren." That's when Lauren knew something was up because she always called her Cheney or something if she was exhausted and Lauren woke her up she would say " 5 more minutes mom." So Lauren said " I can take you downstairs or stay up here but I need to keep an eye on you so let's go downstairs can you walk?" Morgan got up but was shaky so Lauren held her close and helped her downstairs. She got her to the couch and said " it's time for your medicine anyway." Then Moe took her medicine and Lauren helped her lay down. She fell asleep after that.

Time skip: 1 week later

Moe still had one week left on her medication so Lauren was going to take her on some light jogging then go maybe kick around the soccer ball to get her footwork back after not playing for so long.

She did fine on the jogging until they started playing and she couldn't keep up very well until Lauren slowed down and asked " you want to take a break and head back in a little while kiddo." Moe didn't say anything but kept running so Lauren chases after her and said " MoMo stop running and let's go home okay your tired I can tell." " I'm not tired." Morgan finally replied with but she face said otherwise so finally Lauren called her husband over to them and whispered " grab her on 3 and run to the car and I will follow." They walked over to Moe and Lauren said "1..2.3!!!!!" Jrue ran and grabbed her and. Morgan was trying to get out of his grip but Jrue ran to the car and got her in and shut the door quickly after getting her seatbelt on her. Lauren then got in after placing everything in the trunk and said " Sorry Moe, but you need rest still." Morgan didn't answer. She was mad at them.

The drive was quiet until they got home and then Morgan said " I'm taking a shower." She was about to head in when Lauren said " wait Morgan come back." Moe stopped and went to them slowly so Lauren hugged her and said " I'm sorry Moe it's just we don't want you getting sicker." Moe nodded and replied " it's fine it's just like I was doing fine." They let her go inside then to shower.

Time skip: 1 week later

Moe was off her her medications and her doctor said she was fine to train again.

End of chapter