Backup for the Backups

The game was going well but at the same time terrible.

First Hope went down in the first half with a dislocated shoulder and elbow.

Then Ashlyn went down right before the end of the 1st half with a concussion.

Now in the middle of the second half Alyssa was taken down and hit her head on the goal post and her ankle snapped at the same time. They ran out with the stretcher and Alyssa was knocked out so they stabilized her before lifting her carefully and taking her off the field. She never moved the whole time.

Now the USA was stuck and didn't know what to do until they heard Jill shout " O'HARA!!!!! Get your butt in that goal!!!" They tossed her gloved and a jersey as she ran by and she ran to the posts and got ready. She then yelled " LET'S DO THIS USA!!!"

Kelley stopped every shot and kept the shutout record.

The team won 5-0

Back in the locker room.

They all walked in to see Hope sitting up with her arm in a sling covered in ice and Ashlyn laying in the lap. Then Alyssa had her head wrapped and her ankle elevated. They quietly got ready not to disturb the injured goalkeepers until Alyssa asked " what happened after I got...hurt?" She opened her eyes and she winced slightly then Abby ( #ThanksAbby) said " it's okay Alyssa, Kelley went in and kept the shut out record." Alyssa sat up and cried out in pain before saying " wait Kelley O'Hara?!" She laid back down. They nodded and they continued getting ready. Then they heard all the goalkeepers say " good job Kelley." Before they were all taken to the bus to rest.

The team later found out Hope would need surgery, Ash would be out for a while, and Alyssa would be out for a while with her injuries. So they were going to bring in some college keepers along with training the field players how to play goalkeepers.

End of chapter