Four

The next day, Emma woke with a hangover and a earth-shattering migraine. she groaned and slammed her head against her pillow. The events from last night came pooling into her mind.
David has stayed last night to make sure Emma and Henry were okay. Regina explained what had happened last night. This pissed David off because David and Mary Margaret were Henry's godparents.

"Henry! Breakfast!"David called from the kitchen. Henry came bolting from the hallway in his school uniform.

"Panca-a-a-a-akes!" Henry sang with joy. David heard a muffled noise coming from Emma's room.

"Hey, kid, I'll be right back." David said. Patting Henry's shoulder as he made his way down the hallway. David gently knocked on the door and the noises stopped.

"Emma, it's David. Is everything okay in there?"
There was a shuffling of feet on the floor. The door opened and Emma stood there with her hair pulled up into a ponytail, wearing grey sweats and a white v-neck.

"What?" Emma asked. Her eyes were red from all the crying she had done. David immediately pulled her into a hug. David was like Emma's father to her. Emma was only 28 while David was 38.

"Is everything okay?" David whispered to Emma as he rubbed her back.
Emma shook her head doubtfully.

"No! Neal threatened to hurt Henry and I this morning. He texted me saying he was going t-to.." Emma's voice trailed off.

"Sorry, David. You should go. I have to get ready for work and take Henry to school." Emma said.

"Yeah, okay. Call me or Mary Margaret if you need help with anything." Emma nodded as David left the house. Emma quickly pulled on a pair of blue jeans, a white tank top, long brown leather boots, and her red leather jacket.
Emma slipped out into the hallway.

"Did David leave already?" Emma asked Henry curiously as she took a bite of a warm pancake.

"Yeah. Why?"Henry asked. He was being more nosy than usual.

"I wanted to pay him for babysitting you." Emma said calmly.

"Oh." Henry said. There was a silence until Henry broke it.

"Momma, when will I get to see dad again?" Emma felt herself tear up. She lost all control and sobbed onto the counter of their kitchen as her 10 year old son sat there, wondering what in the world was going on with his mother.
____________________
Sorry it's short! I feel like crying cause this story is so emotional and I'm excited to write a CaptainSwan story!

My mother is a bitch.
So is my dad. WAIT, NO!
My dad is a dickhead.

Oh well, goodnight.

-LeAnna