Fifteen

It was confirmed that Emma was extremely sick. She was in surgery for six hours.

"Mr. Swan, I assume?" A nurse asked.

"Sure, why not." Killian responded with a playful wink.

"Your.. Companion is very ill. She is recovering from an STD, it has been affecting her and the baby for over three months now. She may not recover completely. And, she does not have the liver disease, she has an ovarian cancer. She is extremely lucky to have this baby."
Killian nodded, taking in all of this. His girlfriend is most likely to die? No. He couldn't bear that.

"Is the baby alright?"

"Hard to say.. It's not looking good, Mr. Swan."
He nodded again.

"Thank you. Is there anyway I could go get her son so he could see her?"

"How old?"

"Almost eleven." Killian spoke.

"Ehhh-I may be able to get you two in. You count as a current guardian, and he is intermediate family.." The nurse said.

"Thank you. Thanks so much."

Back in Emma's room, Emma began to wake up.

"What the he- ow!" Emma yelled.

"Emma.. We need to tell you some.. Complicated things." The doctor said. Emma nodded.

"We've managed to almost get the STD under control. You do not have the liver disease. But, we've found a medium-sized tumor in your right ovary."

"How's the baby?" Emma asked with dry lips.

"The baby most likely will not make it.." The doctor said quietly. "There's nothing we can do to save the baby at this point. The cancer is already spreading to the baby and beginning to take over it, too."

"How far is the cancer?"

"Stage 4. At this point, it would only hurt you more to try to get it out now. Your body needs to fight it off on its own. It'll be up to you if you survive." Emma was in tears now. She didn't want to die. She wanted a future with Killian. Henry wanted Killian for a step-dad. Everything has gone downhill so quickly.

"So, Emma, who do you think gave you the STD?" The doctor asked.

"My ex." Emma said.

"How long ago was the sexual interaction?"

"It wasn't sexual, it was rape!" Emma yelled. Then she couldn't stop coughing.

"We can try again to get the STD under control, but no promises."

"I'm going to die." Emma whispered to herself, "I'm going to die young.."
_________
This story is coming to an end, comment below if you think Emma is going to live, or nah? Cause I think she will ; )

-LeAnna