The Story:

meme600: So, Rattmann... Why don't you tell everyone what happened... Why you and Chell are the only ones alive.

GLaDOS & Wheatley: *Looks at Doug*

Rattmann: Loooong story...seriously, you might want some p--

GLaDOS: *Speaking into intercom* And Atlas, one more thing. Some popcorn for this special one. And don't even bother asking for a tip.

Atlas: *Gives GLaDOS popcorn*

GLaDOS: Thanks. Anyway, you were saying?

Rattmann: *Sighs* Well, once you flooded this place with neurotoxin, everyone died. Somehow, Chell survived because, well, god knows why she survived. I survived because I kept to the sidelines where there were no emitters near. But after Chell was taken back to the Relaxation Center, she would've died. But I decided to risk my life and get shot in the leg to override the systems and make sure that she would wake up.

Wheatley: You set the date for 50,000 years?! Are you bloody mad?!

Rattmann: Calm down, calm down. It failed when I tried that, so I just made sure that she woke up and didn't die. I couldn't give a date. I just had to wait until something, somehow unlocked the Relaxation Center.

Wheatley: And that was the--

GLaDOS: The reserve power that ran out.

Chell: *Looks into Doug's eyes* So I would've died if it weren't for your bravery?

Rattmann: *Moves closer to Chell* Well, yeah.

Chell: *Turns to Wheatley* Good to know.

Companion Cube: You were about to leave me?! Like that?! I can see why she declined just like that...