Just call me Jazz

This is the second instalment of Jasper and Bella's story. I hope you enjoy it, but I also realize some of you might hate it.

BOOK 2-

Jasmine’s point of view:

I was looking through some of mom’s old things and came across a shoe box. Inside were pictures of her and a tall blonde man, who had the same eyes and hair as me. They looked so happy. After digging some more I found a ring box and my curiosity got the best of me. Picking up the little box, I pinched the lid between my polished fingers and opened it. There was a silver band laid inside that was large enough to fit on two of my fingers if I put them together. I decided to take it. I mean, it must have been dad’s since it was in the box with all the other memories mom had of him.

My name is Jasmine Swan. I’m fifteen and have no clue who my dad is or where he is or what happened to make him leave me. I decided that I would start looking for clues as to who he is and where he is and now I think I finally have the proof I need. By the looks of me and the comparison between me and the man in the picture, there is no doubt he’s my dad. My mom, if that’s what she is, well let’s just say she’s a modern day stripper at a vampire night club. I was sick of her bringing men home every night. I have honey blonde hair and blue eyes, but some days they are gold. I’m kind of tall, taller than mom.Ugh, I guess I should say why I’m looking for stuff from my dad. Well, I’m running away. Once I have an idea of who I’m looking for, I’m out of here.

Now that I know what he looks like, I started searching the box for anything that might have a name on it or an address. At the very bottom of the box was an envelope. Charlie Swan, Forks, Washington. That’s all it said. I opened it to check for an actual letter and sure enough there was one.

Dear Bella, I don’t know what happened, but Jasper Hale was the best thing that ever happened to you.

There was more, but it was scratched out. Jasper Hale. That’s his name, or at least I think it is.Grabbing the envelope and some of the pictures and the ring, I look for a suitcase and go back to my room. Mom’s busy with her latest ‘job’ so she doesn’t know what’s going on. I pack the bare, I mean BARE, necessities grab all of my saved up money and leave.

I ran to the bus stop and waited for the ten thirty pick up. Once I was on the bus, the rest was easy. I hopped busses until I was in Forks. Forks was rainy, green, and chilly. I was in a short skirt and a tank top with no coat in my possession. It was day time now, mid-afternoon, and I walked until I found a police station. Taking a breath, and knowing I was taking a huge risk of being caught if mom had reported me missing, I went in anyways. There was a young man at the front desk. He looked friendly enough.

“How may I help you, miss?” He asked, his voice rough and deep, but friendly enough.

“I’m looking for a Charlie Swan.”

His face creased. “Charlie Swan? You mean Police Chief Swan?”

“I don’t know. I’m just looking for family. All I know is that he lived in Forks and had a daughter named Bella.” I told him.

“Oh, yeah, that’s him. He’s at the hospital right now. His family is expecting a grandbaby.” He gave me a ride to the hospital and with a thank you, I went inside.

A blonde man was standing at one of the desks writing and he looked friendly enough. I cautiously went up to him. “Excuse me?” I asked. His head came up and I saw startling gold eyes. He was paler than me, but his eyes were like mine.

“Hello little one, what can I do for you?” His voice was soft and gave me chills.

“I’m trying to find Charlie Swan. I think he’s my grandpa. I ran away.” I looked down. I don’t know why I told him that. I just thought I could trust him. “My mom, Bella, she never told me about him or my dad, but I found pictures, a ring, and a letter with Charlie’s name on it.”

He looked shocked. “Pictures?” he asked.

I pulled out the stack of pictures from my bag and put them on the counter. I pointed at the tall blonde man that had my eyes and hair. “I think that’s my daddy.” This doctor looked at the picture and gasped.

“The woman, is that your mother?” He asked.

I let out a horrible laugh. “If that is what you want to call her. She gave birth to me. That’s it.”

The man looked at me again. “How about I take you to meet your grandpa? Then there is someone I want you to meet.” I smiled at him. “I’m Carlisle, by the way.”

“I’m Jasmine, but I would prefer if you called me Jazz.” He smiled and led me down a few long hallways.

“Wait here.” He told me and entered the room. I paced the hallway. The door opened again and a gray haired man came out with Carlisle. “Charlie, I think you really need to meet this girl.”

“I’m tired of this. Bella ran away. I don’t even know if she ever had a kid.”

“Sir,” I squeaked out. They looked at me. I handed him a picture I found of mom and a younger version of the gray haired man. “That’s my mom. I don’t know the man, but I think he’s my grandpa.”

“Charlie, she has a picture of my son. I told you she was pregnant. He told you what happened. Just listen to this girl, please,” Carlisle begged. Charlie looked at me again. I told Charlie everything about my life. Everything that I could remember. I left out the vampire stuff though. We talked for hours.

“Charlie, come on honey, our baby girl wants you to meet your first grandbaby.” A woman with black hair and lots of wrinkles on her tan skin pulled his arm.

“I’m so excited to meet my first grandbaby.” Charlie told her and walked away.I felt tears prick my eyes. He didn’t want me. The tear slipped down my cheek. What if my daddy didn’t want me when I finally found him? I started to panic.

A cool arm wrapped around me. “I’m sorry, baby. I thought he’d be happy.” Carlisle told me. I cried and cried into this man’s shirt that I just met. “I have someone I want you to meet if you are willing.”

“I’m already on a roll, may as well take the let down when I can.” I sighed.

I would like comments and votes! Let me know what you think!