15 Them?

Friday. End of the school week. With my assignments complete I'm ready to enjoy my weekend. No more creepy vibes.

I barely have enough time to get ready for our date. I don't know what to wear. Not in the typical way but in the it is a surprise location way. Eric didn't and wouldn't tell me where he is taking me. My mother thinks it to be romantic but warned me also.

I wish I could just tell her about the mate stuff. She wouldn't worry if she knew how it works. In a way it's like an unbreakable bond. Eric and I are each other's only. There will be no other guy for me and no other girl for him. He has made it clear to me how it works in his world. Mating and the bond is the only thing I have to prove to her that he won't be like my father.

At least I hope so. I still have those ''what if'' moments where I question everything because of what I've seen with relationships. If I do tell her I could be putting her in harms way. I already have my best friend in the path of it.

I slip on a pair of black flats and check the mirror again before meeting Eric who is in my living room.

I can't help but smile when I see him waiting patiently for me. He rises when I walk over to him. I guess my outfit is appropriate because he doesn't look dressed up himself. I wonder what he and my mother discussed when I was finishing up.

"You look stunning." He lowers so he can kiss my forehead.

"Thank you but I don't even know what I'm dressing for."

"I can tell you, you won't need a ball gown I thinking boots." He smiles.

"That definitely narrows it down." I joke.

He laughs lightly. "Come on."

I tell my mother goodbye before leaving with him. She has a ''look'' on her face that tells exactly what she is thinking of this date. I exhale and clear it out of my head. Thinking positive about it will help.

A gentle breeze flows around us as we walk to his car. The sun is starting to set and it creates a lovely setting. Once inside I straighten out my dress in a nervous habit. Eric looks over at me and smiles as he drives us to the still unknown location.

Pull it together. I tell myself. It's nothing we haven't done before. We have been alone together plenty of times before. The butterflies in my stomach don't help either. I decide to turn on the radio to break the silence not that it's awkward I'm just nervous with the quiet for some reason.

The sounds of alternative music fills the car. Whatever he was listening to last of course. Something new I don't think we've discussed our favorite kinds of music.

"Favorite genre?'' I ask looking his way.

"Hm, I don't have one actually. A bit of everything type of guy." He answers and winks at me. "You?"

I think about it for a moment. "Neither do I but I enjoy good lyrics."

"More for the story type huh?"

I nod my head, "it's the best part of music.''

We both change our focus back to the road. I notice we aren't driving along any noticeable roads anymore. We are driving along backwoods. We can't be going to the marina.

"Don't worry." He says with a light laugh. "There's a spot out here that shows them the best."

Them? What can he possible be talking about? "Okay." I mumble. I guess I'll have to wait and see.