21 Shades of Blue

Have you ever wanted to know your future? To know if things will work out in the end. To know if you will be fine. I do. I want that more than anything right now. I never thought about it before. My life was perfect. My form of perfect. Now things are difficult. I'm in a different world. I want to believe that Eric and I will be together forever. Is forever something that people still believe in? Can I have that? Do I want that?

If Eric wants me to be his forever than who am I to fight it when its nature that brings us together. The universe is in our favor. But how can she not see that I am his in all ways human or not? I could never hurt Eric the way my father hurt my mother.

"What is it Olivia?" Eric asks softly as if I will break from a higher volume.

I keep my gaze forward. I don't want him to read my face when my feelings are as easily available to him. "Just thinking." I shrug.

"Listen, if it's about my mother please don't let her get into your head." He pleads with me.

"I will try but she's your mother. She means something to you."

"You will always mean more, never ever forget that." Eric stops the car to look directly into my eyes.

I inhale and release. "I will try and remember." I tell him.

He furrows his brows at my answer not completely elated with my answer. I give him a small smile in return and that seems to strengthen them out. We both exit the car and walk up to my door.

Eric gently pulls me back from it without a word. He smells the air before releasing me. He gives me a nod of approval to enter my house. For now, I'm not in any danger. I only hope to never be.

I can only hope that this wolf won't come to my home looking for me. If that happens my mother will be in danger and it will be my fault. I can only hope that this wolf will only target me and not the ones I love.

"What happens now?" I ask.

"With what exactly?" Eric questions back.

"With the wolf who clearly has it out for me."

Eric lowly growls. "He won't get to you."

If Eric is stronger and faster than yes, he won't. But we don't know much from this wolf. There's so much left to chance here. Some much left open in the air. It brings me this uneasy feeling that I can't shake off.

"I don't want to put my mother in danger- I don't want to put anyone in danger." I confess softly.

Eric gives me a knowing look. "I will do everything in my power to keep everyone safe.

I only nod at his answer, afraid to let any words out.

Keeping to his word I over hear Eric making phone calls in my living room as I make my way to the kitchen. I hear him assigning his wolves to watch over but to keep their distance of my mother, Dixon, and my father. The only family I have in Florida.

I start to pull out ingredients for an "I'm – sorry – for – skipping – school – dinner". I'm sure the school has already informed my mother about it. I search my refrigerator and I find what can make some simple sliders. Nothing special but it's better than not trying to defuse the tension. What better way to say I'm sorry than with food? 

As I start with seasoning the meat Eric returns to the kitchen. He has an unreadable look on his face. I don't want to over react so I keep my cool.

"Everything okay?" I test.

"Sure. I haven't heard anything that needs worrying."

"Well in that case dinner will be ready soon."

He sends me a soft smile in return.

When my mother arrives home she is too tired to even bring up the fact of me skipping school. She's just thankful I made dinner so she could eat then go straight to bed. She doesn't question being home alone with Eric either. I'm just happy to have her home and safe.

Eric helps me clean up the kitchen before going to check around my house. He tells me he wants to check again before I go to bed. I don't mind the extra added security one bit.

As Eric checks for the big bad wolf I take myself up to my room for a nice hot shower. I don't bother to touch any homework for the night or even open a book. I'm mentally exhausted for the night.

Just as I change the water to be hotter my shower door opens. I can feel it is him so I don't bother to turn around. Perks of the growing mate bond. He doesn't speak as he lathers me up with body wash. I tilt my head back in pleasure. His hands and the hot water working out all the tight muscles in my body.

I turn around and open my eyes. His now glowing a deep shade of blue. The shade that matches the sky so right during a full moon. So, mesmerizing to watch. I didn't want to look away but a soft howl from outside distracts the both of us.

"Don't worry that is just Dimitri." Eric whispers into my lips.

"Okay." I lowly moan into his.