6 Answers

We had got back from a party and I went to get Dixion some water but I stopped at the top of the stairs because my parents were arguing and they have been a lot lately so I decide to stay and listen. I wish I hadn't.

The late night arguments started in April. Thinking back now that's probably when my father started cheating on my mother, maybe even earlier who knows.

My mother tried to keep her voice low because she knew I was home with Dixon but she couldn't keep her voice under control. She was so angry and frustrated that night. She was asking my father about late meetings and weekend business trips. I thought they were normal because my father always went away on business. My mother traveled a lot too so I stayed to hear his answer.

It started with him saying things had changed and he wasn't happy. I couldn't stay to listen to more because of the heart wrenching sounds that was coming from my mother's mouth. Like her heart was being physically ripped out of her chest by his words.

Things just got worse from there. The divorce was a blur to me. I couldn't believe what was happening to my family. I couldn't believe what my father had done to my mother.

So I stayed to myself all summer with Dixon trying to keep me sane. He tried so hard almost every day he was at my house. He even kept my father from seeing me at my request.

That's when I vowed no to relationships just school. Why waste my time with love when all it does is destroy? Till this day I wish I would have went back to my room with Dixon.

Sometimes I think if I never would have heard his confession I would still have hope for love but I don't.

I don't know what's the more powerful emotion, pain or love?

I have no idea why and how my mind went into the past about my parents when I'm waiting for Eric to come and explain things to me. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how werewolves even exist. I'm confused about a lot of it but more importantly how Eric was able to somehow heal my pain after doge ball.

I'm surprised I was able to finish my homework with all these weird things going on. I jump when I hear knocking on my front door. I take in a deep breath before putting my books away and walking over to the door.

I open it and Eric is standing with a smile on his face. I step aside so he can walk in. What now? Where do I start? There are so many questions.

He walks into my living room like he lives here. I watch him as he removes his letterman jacket. His plain white shirt clinging to his muscles in a way I never noticed before. What am I looking for?

I clear my throat, "do you want something to drink or eat?" I ask.

"Water with ice please." He says.

That's normal. Everyone drinks water.

I place the water with ice on the coffee table and sit next to him. He thanks me for the water and drinks it slowly as I watch.

The sun is shining through the windows giving Eric's skin a nice glow. I never really paid much attention to him. I didn't even know him last year. He would be impossible to miss with his size alone. I bet he wins all his matches on the wrestling team. His arm muscles flex as if he knows I'm observing him.

"Relax Olivia. I'm not going to do anything to you." He says placing the glass down.

I wasn't thinking that. Actually I enjoy the whole being able to change into a wolf part. The crazy in me thinks that it's cool. The part I don't enjoy is how dangerous that can be to others.

"I'm not scared." I blurt out.

"Oh no?" He says in a deep voice meant to change my mind.

My cell phone rings making me jump out of my skin. I answer the annoying thing quickly. It's my mother calling to tell me she won't be home until late. No surprise there. I turn my phone off and place it on the coffee table. No more distractions.