Chapter 12

Marina's POV

You look ugly.....
Fatso......
Embarrassment to this pack.......

All would be sentences that I would expect to come out of everyones mouth when I walked out of my new room.I looked absolutely rediculous.

Imagine me waking up with two ladies with cheshire smiles staring at me like I was the last steak in a lions din. They said they were here to help me get ready for school. I knew I should have ran but now here I am in the mirror second guessing everything.I do not look like myself at all. And I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

I have on a white oversized button up that smells like Oliver so I am assuming that it's his and a light brown/almost nude sweater layered on top. Paired together it looks like a purposeful dress. I'm guessing the real purpose is to hide my overly thin body shape. Then for shoes to my dismay, they made me wear white healed boots that reached almost to my knees. The heels weren't too high so the chances of me face planting has lessened. Plus the heels are pretty chunky so I'm feeling stable. For accessories they gave me, a little gold bracelet with matching gold studs and a chain necklace. I like that they kept the accessories at a minimal; I am already so out of my comfort zone. They left my hair natural with its big curls at the bottom while my makeup was light. They put on a tiny bit concealer to hide the remaining bruises that have yet to heal with a little bit of blush to give my pale face some natural color. My eyeliner in winged to perfection while the eyeshadow almost matches my skin tone. They only put on a little bit of mascara because my eyelashes are naturally long. Then they left without saying a word. It was kind of weird but I hardly know anything about this pack so this could be normal to them. Maybe this is why all the girls always look good when they come to school. They have people to dress them up. Or maybe this is a trick. I never had a good sense of fashion so the fact that I like this outfit should be a sure give away. They want me to be look bad in front of my new pack. That's probably why they were smiling so hard.

That sounds ridiculous. Maybe I am just being paranoid. Even if I was right, it would be too late to change since we need to leave for school.

Breath in.....Breath out.....time to face the music.

----------------------------------------------------------

Walking down the steps was hectic with all the teenagers and tweens running up and down getting ready for school. If it weren't for a certain someone then I probably would have fallen.

"You look beautiful this morning" he whispers in my ear sending a pleasant chill to my toes.

Nodding my head as a thanks we descended down the stairs with his hand still resting comfortably on my waist. Once we reached ground level he started guiding me away from the door. What is he doing? As if sensing my confusion he answers my nonverbal question.

"You have to eat breakfast. It isn't healthy to skip the most important meal of the day;especially, before school." He stated matter of factly.
Really? Does it look like I've been on a healthy diet?

"But I'm not hungry" I say with a stale face. I was never allowed to have an actual breakfast so I got used to not having any. It's hard to break bad habits.

"Please just eat. Don't take this to offence or anything but your really thin." I faked surprised.

"Really?" I gawked "I thought I was beginning to look like fat Albert's twin"

"How bout a compromise" I rose my eyebrows to show that I was listening "How bout you eat at least half this apple and we visit the doctors for a check up?"

"And how is that a compromise in my favor?" I ask not seeing what was good for me.

"I was going to have you eat all of this big breakfast that I had prepared" he says holding up this giant platter of eggs, pancakes, sausage, and biscuits. It looks like what I used to fix for my old pack in the morning. I know it would be a waste for me to even try to eat that so the apple is the better choice. Plus, a check up wouldn't be that bad. I mean I'm alive so I can't be that unhealthy.

"Fine give me the apple." he smiles and tosses me the apple and leads me to the door.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I ask him. Did he just contradict himself?

He smiles again and claims that he ate while I was still upstairs getting ready and I have no choice but to believe him.

----------------------------------------------------------

My heart starts racing a thousand miles a minute as soon as we pulled up to our school. What are people going to say when they see me with Oliver? More importantly, what are they going to do to me when they see me in general? I don't know if I can face my old pack yet.

"Don't worry you won't leave my side. I promise nothing is going to happen to you." he says with a sincere smile. I guess I have to face my fears once and for all. I'm going to trust my mate on just this one thing.