21. Birthday boy

Chapter nº21. Birthady boy.

I woke up in the very end of the bed. That little  bastard was comfortably sleeping, occupiyng more than three cuarters of a king size bed. How was that even possible?

I tried to get out of bed but I couldn't. All the emotional roller coaster from yesterday was finally sinking in. What hurt the most was that Mel hasn't answered any of my calls. I hates to admit it, but she had been right. I had to do something and quickly, before everything was worse. But how to tell him? 

I froze when I heard someone snoring. Really, Max? He was really tiny to have such loud snores. I tries waking him up but he could be considered a rock.  

Finally, I gave up and rushed to the bathroom, suddenly aware of my full bladder. I also brushed my hair and teeth and had a quick shower. I was trying to reduce my carbon footprint and all so it didn't take more than 8 minutes. I even put the timer to make sure. I know, I could join in GreenPeace.  

When I was finally ready I entered the main room. The little blonde boy was still asleep. I couldn't help thinking about the first time that I met him. I wasn't so different, after all, I was wrapped up in a towel. But I had changed since then. I was more carefree and was t living to someone else's expectations anymore. True, I had come because my grandmother had made me, but I was finally feeling like home and wasn't so sure if I wanted to con back to my other home in barely 3 more months.  

Looking at Max, I made my decision. I was going to talk to my organization and see if I could extend my staying to a year. I would have to talk to the Donovans, of course, and to my grandma and mom and everybody, but I was feeling good. I wanted to do it for myself and not to impress someone.  

Here, I felt so free. I didn't have to live by someone's rules. I was tired of being my grandmother's toy. It was like if her influence didn't reach me here. I was happy and was finally feeling part of the family, even when they hadn't trusted me with their family secret. At least Max considered me as part of his family, and having him as a little brother was more than what I could ask for. In my head, in pictured my little sister, barely a year older than him and Max meeting for the first time. I couldn't help laughing at loud. That would definitely be funny. He was so outgoing and my sister was so shy.  

Making sure Max was completely asleep, I took some clothes and changed. I decided to let him sleep in. After all, it was Saturday. I walked down the stairs and met the cook. She offered me a great breakfast, just like always.  

I went back to my room and wrote an email to my organization to see if I could so something about my time here. I wanted to check if it was possible before asking the Donovans.  

It was about eleven thirty when I decided it was time for little Max to wake up. I went to the bathroom, took a glass of water and came back to bed. If he wast waking up in the good way, he would in the bad way.  

I had a sudden idea. I took out my phone and started filming.  

"Okay, Max, I'll count to three. If you don't wake up I'm assuming you are okay with me waking you up with a glass of cold water. If you don't answer I'm also assuming you agree with this. Okay, the. One... Two...three!" 

That did it. He woke up instantly and swearing. "Moooooooom! It's raining in my bed!!!!" 

I had fallen to the bed and was almost peeling myself from laughter.  

When he finally understood what had happened he started laughing with me. I as happy to find thg he wasn't angry, but funded it hilarious.  

But then, one of his grins appeared in his face. Oh, oh, Mia, you are in big trouble...