4. His mates

Chapter nº4. His mates

Really quick introduction. I’m really into player stories and stuff, as you have already noticed, but I think that they are interesting as long as there is a love-hate relationship. I don’t like them when everything is about love and too "cute". So if you agree with me and don’t wanna see this story turned into that, please give me your opinion! Thanks!

Also I apologise if there are spelling or grammar mistakes, English is not my first language and I’m trying my best

I pushed Nick into his seat. I wasn’t a really skinny girl, and years of gymnastics had resulted in pretty strong muscled. I really hated when guys think that they are in control, and especially if they believe that being a jerk is sexy. Girls like strong boys, but when they love themselves so much that they can’t love us.

But it was time to use my acting skills. And drama was one of my favourite subjects, so I decided that this would be like a project. I wanted to see for how long I could pretend to be someone else without people noticing. I smiled, but then realised he was looking at me.

So I pretended to be ashamed and hugged myself, as if I was self-conscious.

"Everything alright, sis?"

"Yeah, it’s just… it’s just I don’t like boys being so close."

He chuckled and pulled in front of a bowling place. My competitiveness was kicking inside me, but I refrained myself.

"Have you played before?"

"I come from South America, not from outer space" Calm down, Mia, I told myself. "Yeah, I’ve played a couple of times"

"Are you any good?" He was just mocking me, and I was hating him.

"You will have to find out that for yourself". With that, I walked in, but realised that I didn’t know who his friends were, and when I turned round I couldn’t find him anymore. Bastard…

I walked around a couple of minute, and when I didn’t find them I went to the bar. I wasn’t going to be chasing him. I had some dignity.

I sat there and the bar tender quickly came to me. Not that it was that crowded, but he was kind of ignoring the other customers that had been waiting for longer.

"How can I help you, babe?" He was redhead, but with a carrot-like colour, not as bright as mine. He had pimples in his forehead and was definitely klutzy. He even tripped over when he was walking to me. How pathetic. But it was better than being alone…

"A bottle of water, please" I answer, bashing my lashes at him.

"Nothing stronger?"

"No, I have to drive home…" that was a lie, but he didn’t know. Though what I did know was that, if I started drinking, I would think about my friends. I only drank with them, and it felt wrong doing it alone, without them to look for me or o mock me. Hey Mia, walk in a straight line for me, please! Mia, are you drunk? Come on, I’ll take you home… Mia, let’s do another shot of tequila together! Damn, I missed them.

I sat there about half an hour, until a tall guy came to me. He had light brown hair and honey brown eyes. He was cute, and definitely hot.

"Why are you sitting alone, Mia?" Okay, that surprised me. But then I guessed that he was one of Nick’s friends.

"If Nick sent you, tell him I am perfectly fine alone. I even found a fellow redhead to talk to".

He laughed, showing to dimples. "Nick doesn’t know where you are. I saw you when I went to the bathroom and thought that it must have been you. Not that there are many girls with your description…"

"Oh, really? And how did you little friend describe me?"

"Well, to start with, waist length red hair, slim, annoying, quiet…"

So my act was going well.

"But for a second, I wasn’t sure that it was you. I mean, you don’t look as bad as he told us you were, especially with all the guys around you" He continued. "And he didn’t say you were pretty"

Sure. The player had to be friends with all the other players in the school.

"Well, he didn’t say anything about idiot friends either."

He looked a little bit hurt, but he sat next to me anyway.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Well, if Nick’s stupid enough to let you alone, someone will have to find a solution for that"

He kept talking for another half an hour. In the meantime, he received about twenty messages on his phone and about ten missed calls, but he didn’t seem to notice. He was too interested laughing and joking with me. I learnt that he had been friends with Nick since childhood; their mothers were high school best friends. He was doing one subject with me and he had a girlfriend at Uni. He explained to me that he had had an illness when he was a little boy and missed one year at school. So he was actually 18, and should have been at Uni by now. I felt sorry for him, always having to be with younger kids, but he didn’t seem to care.

"LIAM!" Everything good must come to an end. Here was Nick, surrounded by five more guys. They were leaving the place, standing close to the door.

I can't believe he was actually ditching me! He would have left without me!

"Nicholas! Were you leaving without me?" He smirked. I was so going to kill him.

"I was looking for you..." Bullshit! "And you are the one that disappeared anyway" And now he was trying to blame it on me. Great."Anyway, now that we are all here.." He started pointing at his friends. "Mom told me to introduce you to my friends. They are Matt, Josh, Kevin, Duncan and Harry."

They all looked sport-y. They sure were all in the same team; which sport, I didn't know.

"Nice to meet you guys" I didn't even try moving closer to shake their hands. I wasn't in my best mood.

"And I see that you have already met Liam". He didn't look so happy about that.

Then I realised that I had been talking with that guy for almost an hour and I hadn't asked his name. It was just that it didn't seem like we had just met, but like if we were friend for forever. I even had told him a little bit about my mom and my little sister, Ana.

I smiled at him (Liam, of course). I actually liked him, which surprised me. "Yeah, we've met. We just couldn't stop talking and the time went by, right, Liam?" I winked at him and he gave me a big, honest smile in response. He definitely liked teasing Nick, too.

"Anywaaaaaay, let's go home" Someone wasn't in a good anymore...

"Oh" I started complaining. "Why now? I was having such a good time"

"I'm sorry to ruin your night, sis" he said with a mocking tone, "but mom wanted us home about ten minutes ago"

"What?? And when were you going to tell me?!. Idiot" I gave Liam a small hug, said bye to the other guys and almost ran to the car. I didn't want to be the bad exchange girl, and I really like Jenifer. It took Nick almost five more minutes to get to the car, start the engine and get us moving. He was so annoying.

When we arrived to the house-mansion, nobody was still awake, so I silently slipped into my room. I was brushing my teeth when Nick came into my room without even knocking. I came out of the bathroom with my toothbrash in my mout and toothpaste all over my mouth. I looked, really, really annoyed... and stupid... and ridiculous... and, stop it, Mia! I shot him a death glare and he smiled innocently.

"You didn't say good night, sis"