10. Just like John Tucker

Chapter nº10. Just like John Tucker

"Mia!" It is never nice when your best friend has that disapproving face when you tell her what you did. I knew Mel would never judge me or anything like that, but that doesn't mean she agreed with what I had done. "But  I can understand you, in some way, I guess" I definitely loved her. He have been friends since high school, but it felt like for for ever. 

"It must be so much fun. I always told you you could have been a Hollywood actress!" I laughed about her crazy idea. " You have the look AND the skills. Not many have the second one" I laughed even harder. "I mean it. And that is the same reason every boy is always all around you. I wish I was as tall as you..." she was pretty short, especially in comparison to my 1.76 meters. 

"Believe me, it's fun. You should have seen his face"

"It remainds me about our favorite movie"

"Which one?"

"Mia! You don't know which one is our favorite one?" she said, outraged. 

"C'mon, Mel. We have thousands of favorite films."

 "'John Tucker must die'" she laughed. "And you are the girl that can change the player, gets confused, but anyway doesn't want him after all"

"I am not getting confused!" but she couldn't hear me. 

I hate Skype sometimes. The connection had fallen. Again. Eventually, could make contact with Melisa once again. 

"He likes you, you know that"

"Yeah, I suppose so"

"And you are only playing him"

"Hey! It's not like if he has any other intentions with me" I tried to defend myself. 

"I know. But that doesn't make it more right" Her face darkened a little bit. "And what about..." I cut her short. 

"I don't wanna talk about that"

"Not talking about it won't make it disappear"

"I know, Mel. I know" I whispered. 

I had officially survived my first week of school. 

And I had to admit the best moment was when I walked into the cafeteria on Tuesday with Karen. Nick's mouth almost fell open when he saw me with the most popular girl in the whole school. I had met the other girls in the group, which were all part of the new cheerleading squad. There was one called Melanie that had made me feel a little bit homesick. Every time someone called her Mel, I couldn't help thinking about Melisa, and all my friends at home. 

They were a group of four girls: Karen, Melanie, Tania and Poppy. My favorites were Karen, who was very intelligent and nice, and Poppy, who was more like the innocent of the group. Melanie was Duncan's girlfriend, and Tania's boyfriend went to a different school. 

Unlike I would have thought, Karen had never dated Nick. But then I found out she had had something with Nate, the oldest Donovan. 

I was interested about him. Mr and Mrs Donovan always talked so much about him, and how well he was doing at Uni. But I still remembered the hatred in Nick's voice when I had mistakenly called him Nathaniel. 

Anyway, I wouldn't meet him until next school break. 

The only subject I had with nobody that I knew was Spanish. No one of my new friends was taking that subject, but that meant I could get to know new people. 

At the end of the page of my diary, I wrote down a copy of my timetable. I didn't want to forget it or who was with me in each subject. 

Monday

Spares. Karen. Poppy

Maths. Karen. Liam

Maths. Karen. Liam

PE. Liam. Nick. Harry. Duncan. Tania. Melanie

Biology. Nick. Harry. Josh. 

Tuesday

Biology. Nick. Harry. Josh

English. Karen. Melanie. Tania. Poppy

Spanish. 

Spanish. 

Wednesday

PE. Liam. Nick. Harry. Duncan. Tania. Melanie

Spanish. 

Spanish. 

English. Karen. Melanie. Tania. Poppy

Spare. Karen. Poppy

Thursday

Maths. Karen. Liam 

Maths. Karen. Liam

Biology. Nick. Harry. Josh 

Spares. Karen. Poppy

Friday

English. Karen. Melanie. Tania. Poppy

PE. Nick. Liam. Harry. Duncan. Tania. Melanie

Maths. Karen. Liam

Spanish

When the weekend arrived, I was all for some rest time. I had been trying to concentrate in English at school and I was quickly getting used to it, but it was exhausting. I was already thinking in English and not in Spanish anymore. 

But a text of Karen ruined my mood:

Hey, what r u wearing 4 Nick's party tonight?

Oh, no. Nick's house was my house, so there was no way I could sleep early with the music blasting in the first floor. 

Nick, I swear I will end up killing you.