Chapter Five

"He can't stay here forever."

"I know that. But we have to help him find Maddy. She is our friend and without her you and I wouldn't be here,"

Jacob was half awake and half asleep. He heard Jason and Amelia's conversation but after that, he went back to sleep.

The next hour or so, Jacob finally woke up. He went downstairs to see where Amelia and Jason were but they weren't home at the moment. Remembering Amelia's and Jason's conversation, Jacob decided it's time to leave. He didn't want to be a burden any longer. He grabbed his stuff and left. Not without leaving a note on the side table explaining.

.....

"Hey Rhydian. I'm off to work now," Jana gave him a quick kiss and left. Since Rhydian has no work temporarily, he's going to clean the house and possibly go out for some fresh air. He began cleaning with his room, followed by the bathroom, living room, kitchen, and laundry.

Afterwards, he got dressed in exercise clothes to go out for a run, which he hasn't done in a long time. The cold air blowing against his face felt so good. Rhydian decided to run in the woods going down the path he hasn't been on in a long time.

Rhydian's phone rang signaling he got a text message and he checked it. Not looking where he was going he ran into somebody knocking both of them over.

.....

"Watch where you're going!" 

Rhydian looked up to see who he ran into and it was a girl. "Sorry. But why are you out here in the woods by yourself?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"No need to worry about me. I'm an adult and you're just a kid,"

"Well you don't need to worry about me because you don't even know me Rhydian,"

"Wait. How do you know my name?"

"It's on your bag dummy," Then she left. Rhydian thought it was weird to run into a girl that has no appropriate gear for the woods, especially since they're far out from any nearby building. He figured to follow her but decided not to so he went on.

.....

Jacob is out and about wondering where to go. He's thinking of visiting Rhydian but he doesn't know if he lives in the same house. But he remembered Amelia saying he works at a coffee shop so he went there first.

Once Jacob saw the coffee shop he was disappointed. They are closed for the time being and now he doesn't know where to go. 

"How can I help you?" Tom came up to Jacob.

"Do you know Rhydian Morris by any chance?" 

"Yes. Before the shop closed he worked here. Why are you looking for him?"

"I'm his old friend and I came to visit him,"

"Well I don't know where he is right now but you can try him at this address." Tom wrote his address on a paper and gave it to him. "If Rhydian isn't home then maybe his girlfriend is. I have to go now. See you around."

Girlfriend? Jacob didn't know what to think. He figured Rhydian still misses Maddy and never stopped looking for her...but then again, Jacob misses Maddy but stopped looking for her. 

Rhydian's house wasn't far from the coffee shop because it was around the corner. Before he could ring the doorbell a voice called out to him. 

"Who are you?" Jacob turned around to see a red-headed girl. He figured it must be Rhydian's girlfriend.

"I'm Jacob a friend of Rhydian. I was given this address to find him because I want to catch up with him."

"Oh well Rhydian isn't home at the moment. I just got home myself because I was let out at work early. Come in and wait for him. I'm sure he went out into the woods to go hiking, one of his hobbies he likes to do. But you probably already knew that about him,"

By the time Jana finished talking, Jacob had already gone to the bathroom, ate a snack given to him, with tea. "Yeah I know. So you're his girlfriend?" 

"Yeah. He never told you?" 

"No. We lost connection after I moved so I decided to stop by and say hi," The back door opened and they saw Rhydian come inside. 

"Hey Rhy, you have a visitor." Jana said. Rhydian turned around and when he saw Jacob he was surprised. "Jacob? What are you doing here?"

Jacob got up to give him what seemed like a hug but he whispered in his ear, "We need to talk."

"I'll leave the two of you alone. I'll be upstairs okay babe?" Jana gave Rhydian a kiss on the cheek and went upstairs.