Chapter 6 - The Sleepover

Nina' P.O .V

I can feel the Christmas spirit right around the corner as I drink my hot chocolate .There are Christmas lights everywhere even though it is only the first week of December . I am currently waiting for my friends at a cafe so we can go see a movie .

We all agreed to go see The Maze Runner : Scorch Trials since the guys like the Sci- Fi stuff while the girls just love Dylan O' brien .

After a few more minutes my friends all walk in with their puffy coats since it is starting to snow . They walk to the counter and order their way drinks . All of them were wearing beanies as usual . Tina was still with her boyfriend Carlos while Briana was single as a Pringle just like Diana . Everyone is just waiting for her or Drew to make a move . Lana is here which makes me cringe a bit since I am starting to not like her anymore . I don't know how Nathan puts up with that because she is pure evil . Levin is not here , sadly, due to him going on some campus tours with his dad . He is going to be coming back until next week .

As they get their drinks , they all greet me . Nathan sits next to me and Tina sits on the other side of me .

" Ow I just burned my tongue " Drew says and we all looked at him in stupidity .

" Of course you did " Briana says rolling her eyes .

" The movie starts at 6 " Lana says reminding us as she looks at her watch . It was not 5:20 .

" How long have you've been waiting for us " Diana asks me and I just shrugged my shoulders since I am enjoying my hot chocolate .

"I can't wait to go Christmas shopping " Tina says and we all agreed with her .

I have the perfect gift for everyone thanks to my mom showing me this new store .

" I will go and get the tickets before they get sold out " I said while getting up since I finish out my drink already .

" I'll go too " Nathan says putting on his jacket . Lana looks up at him and rolled her eyes . Who does she thinks she is ?

The theater is right across from the cafe so it wasn't a far walk . Nathan and I walk in comfortable silence as we leave , cross the road and was in line .

" So Tina mentions to me about a sleepover you guys are having at your house " Nathan says rocking back and forth on his heels with his hands in his pockets .

" Yeah " I said knowing where this is going . Nathan runs his hand through his hair and smiles at me convincingly .

" Lana should come and join you guys since you know she now hangs out with us . Also , I will love if my best friend and girlfriend get along " He says putting his arm over my shoulder to pull me closer to him .

" Mmm... b-but... Ye.....No...I guess ... But -

" Pina Colada " Nathan says laughing at me for stalling .

Nathan already got the feeling we didn't like each other so this is why he hopes for us to get along by a sleepover . He expects us to each other's hair , makeup and nail when really we are going to talk about hot celebrities ,watch movies and eat .

" Fine but we are not braiding eachothers hair " I said folding my arms and he laughs again .

" I know I can count on you " He says and I pretend to flip my hair acting like I am the boss.

The line moves up and we are Almost at the counter .

" We should do secret santa " Nathan says as a bunch of Santa clause walks by waving their bells . I take out a dollar from my wallet and put it in the charity they were carrying around .