Chapter 1

The evening after the ball ends

I walked to the room with Cole by my side. My ring shined brighter than the sun. I felt a wave of relief and happiness run through me. Relief was because I didn't fall or slip in these heels. Happiness was because Cole and I were getting married in less than a month.

"Did you have fun?", he asked.

"Of course I did", I replied.

"Good. Cause I promise you that the wedding will be even better", he said.

"We need to start planning that don't we?", I asked.

"Well I'll do that. All you have to do is sit back, relax and make sure that your dress is to your liking and make sure that you look pretty. But luckily for you that's no problem", he said.

"Well as much as I appreciate the compliment, I think I can handle it", I said.

"Handle what?", he asked.

"The wedding plans. Cake, decorations, food all that", I replied.

"Okay how about this. I'll take care of the guest list, food, decorations and you take care of the cake and your dress", he said.

"Okay fine. Just make sure you don't invite anyone that plans on threatening our relationship. Like your sister", I said.

"Isabel come on. She won't dare to come our way after what happened", he said.

"I know but I feel like she hasn't finished her business", I said.

"Trust me. She won't dare to come here", he said.

"If you say so", I said.

We approached the room and I opened the door. I kicked off my heels which made my feet feel better. They were finally free of those shoes. I pulled out some pajamas from the dresser and put those on and hung up my dress. I went to the bathroom and removed all my makeup. I went back into the room and saw Cole in his shorts.

"I need to ask you something", I said.

"What is it?", he asked.

"When you're crowned king next week, will that make me queen that day as well?", I asked.

"Not yet. When we get married then you'll be queen", he replied as he climbed into bed.

I climbed in after him and laid under the covers.

"One more thing", I said.

"What is it?", he asked.

"What was the deal with that demon that was in my dreams before?", I asked.

"What do you mean?", he asked.

"When he took over my dreams. What was his deal?", I asked.

"Isabel it's nothing to worry about", he replied.

"Cole I think I deserve to know", I said.

"Isabel you don't wanna know", he said.

"Cole it was my dream. I need to know what happened in my dream", I said keeping my cool.

"Do you really wanna know?", he asked.

"Thats pretty much the reason why I asked", I replied.

"He wanted to kill you", he said.

"I thought that was Justin's mission", I said.

"It was. It was also the demon's mission as well", he said.

I felt my world crush. Why do so many people want to get rid of me? Is it something I did in the past or something I'm doing now and I don't realize it?

"You should get some rest. Today's been a long day", he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Goodnight. I love you", he said.

"I love you to", I said.

I closed my eyes letting the day go away.