Chapter 3: flashback

Five years ago....

I sat in a chair waiting on my mom and dad to come home from work. My friend Madison was getting ready to go home when they got back. Madison was doing my hair and makeup with some stuff she brought from home. My house used to be nice until a gang of vampires broke in and destroyed it. My mom came home but I noticed my father didn't. Madison left and she told me what had happened. He was killed by a gang of vampires. The same one that destroyed my house. I sat in the chair with tears flowing out of my eyes. I cried myself to sleep that night. When I woke up the next morning, we had gotten an invitation to the ball that the royals were throwing. Me and my mom went to get our minds off of my father's death. That night when we arrived was the first time I ever saw Cole. His eyes sparkling in the light and his perfect skin glowing. My mom had me stay close to her for safety because she didn't trust them. Cole walked over to us and I felt sparks fly between us. Like we were connected or something. My mom didn't like him being around me. He asked to dance with my mom but she refused. He looked at me and smiled but I didn't smile back. My mom took my hand and led me out the room. She made me stand outside the bathroom so I wouldn't wander off.

"You do know it's rude to run away from royalty?", a male voice asked.

I turned around and saw Cole staring at me.

"I didn't mean to. Just doing what my mom tells me", I said.

"So what's your name?", he asked.

"I'm not telling you", I replied.

Could you blame me? I was only fourteen years old and a vampire who has to be like over a thousand years old is flirting with me.

"So you won't tell me?", he asked.

"I'm sorry but no", I replied as politely as possible.

"I like you. You have a spark. Like the flame to my fire", he said.

"Well get used to it cause in the future I won't be as nice", I said.

Boy was I wrong. I'm pretty nice now but when you get on my bad side I loose control.

"So will I see you again?", he asked.

"Maybe you will. Maybe you won't. Depends if I'm still alive", I replied.

"What do you mean by that?", he asked.

"Well with the number of vampires in the kingdom, I could be dead by the time I leave here", I replied.

"I don't think that will happen anytime soon", he said.

"You don't know that. A vampire could be planning my death as we speak", I said.

"Trust me. Nothing will happen to you", he said.

He walked away and my mother came out the bathroom. Her hair was no longer in its tight bun like it was before and her makeup was messed up. She took my hand and led me out the castle doors. She looked at me furious.

"Isabel, what have I told you about talking to vampires?", she asked.

"Mom he talked to me first", I replied.

"Isabel we're going home this instant", she said pulling my arm.

She dragged my down the street and into our town where we live. She threw me inside and locked the door. She shut all the blinds and closed all the windows and started yelling at me and threatening me. She would always do this when she was drunk. At the balls was the only time she could drink and not have to pay for it. She grew out the habit of drinking when I turned fifteen years old. Cole doesn't know about this. He never can.

Ohh. So this chapter was interesting. Comment why you think Cole can't know about Isabel's past and if he did, how do you think he'll react?