Chapter 8

Isabel's POV

When I woke up the next morning, Cole wasn't in bed. Must have some royal stuff to do. I noticed a bottle on the dresser that contained a red liquid. I immediately knew it was blood. Cole didn't expect me to drink this did he? I opened the bottle and smelled the liquid. Well it smells like it.

"Okay Cole I swear if you come out from under the bed with a camera so you can see my reaction when I drink this, I will stake you in the heart", I threatened.

I put the bottle up to my mouth and realized it wasn't blood. It was something different. Whatever it was it tastes really good. I finished my drink and put the bottle on the dresser. I wiped my mouth with my arm which only made me want more. I need to figure out where he got this. I picked up the bottle and read the back of it. Then something caught my eye. Warning: do not drink this. Inside contains the soul of a changeling. The soul will posses you. Haha this is just a bunch of crap. There's no way the soul of a changeling will take over my body. I got out of bed and as soon as I did, I fainted.

******************************

Unknown POV

I was finally free. Free from the bottle. Guess Isabel should've read the warning label first. Finally I'll have a prince. He won't know the difference. He'll think this is the same Isabel everyone knows and loves. I just need to go unnoticed for a couple of months. Then I'll finally have my revenge on Cole. My ex...

******************************

Cole's POV

I was up before Isabel. She was sleeping peacefully with a few strands of hair. I moved those few strands and then kissed her forehead.

"I'll be back soon", I said.

I walked out the room and downstairs. My parents were sitting at the table across from each other in the dining room.

"Morning", I said.

"Good morning sweetheart", my mom said.

"Morning son", my dad said.

"Cole. Did Isabel drink the blood substitute?", my mom asked.

"I don't know. I was up before she was", I replied.

"Well I hope she liked it. It took your grandfather at least a century to find that stuff", my father said.

I sat at the table and a servant came in. She gave me a glass of blood and walked away. I took a sip and it was fresh.

"So Cole. Have you and Isabel started planning for the wedding?", my mom asked.

"No. We are gonna do that after my coronation. So maybe a couple days after the coronation", I replied.

"Don't worry. You'll make a great king and husband", my dad said.

"Dad it may look easy but it must be hard", I said.

"It's not that hard. By being a husband and king it's like you live one life. Which you but you get my point", my dad said.

"Yeah. I get it. I just wish I could be like you dad. The strong and fearless leader everyone looks up to", I said.

I heard my mom giggle. So he isn't the strong and fearless leader everyone looks up to?

"Oh honey. Your father used to be afraid of kittens. I got him one for our 112th anniversary. Oh you should've seen the way he screamed and it frightened everyone in the castle cause he's never screamed like that for as long as he's been king", my mom said.

Even I laughed at the sound of this. My father scared of a kitten. That's something I should've been there to see. I wasn't even created yet. I was adopted. I was turned at 18. That's why I look so young now.

"Well I better go check on Isabel. She should've been up by now. I walked upstairs and down the hall to the room. I open it the door and found Isabel staring out the window.

"Morning baby", she said.

"How did you even know I was here?", I asked.

"I felt your presence in here. I missed you when I woke up", she said.

I walked over to her and kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. What do you want to do today?", he asked.

"I don't know. I let you know", she replied walking to the bathroom.

"Need some time to yourself?", j asked.

She nodded and I laid on the bed. I heard the door close and lock and out my arms over my eyes. I love Isabel so much.

******************************

Unknown POV

I can't believe Cole actually bought it. He must really like this girl. I looked at myself in the mirror.

"I have to admit Isabel. You look really cute. It's ashame that Cole won't know about this isn't it?", I asked.

I looked at Isabel and saw her banging at the glass. I took over her whole body, she's still in it to. In a just a small part of it.

"Well, better not keep your, I mean my future husband waiting", I said.

I waved at mirror Isabel and walked out the bathroom to find Cole in his boxers.

"So you wanna play games?", I asked.

"Maybe. If that's what you want", he replied.

I crawled into bed and kissed him. It feels good to be back.