Chapter 12

Candace's POV

Later that evening Cole was sitting in the living room watching tv while was in the room admiring myself.

"Candace. You have out done yourself", I said.

There is no way that anything or anyone will get in my way. I walked out the room and bumped into somebody. She was holding a letter and jumped in excitement.

"Isabel!!! It's been so long since I've seen you. I mean we do live in the same castle but I haven't seen you around in like forever. Come here and give your best friend a hug", she said.

She pulled me into a tight hug and I could barely breathe.

"Do I know you?", I asked.

She gave me a confused look. She gave the don't pretend like you don't know me look.

"I'm your best friend. Remember my name is Carly and I'm a witch", she replied.

"Oh yeah. Pft. I didn't forget you. I was just playing with you", I said.

"Yeah. I'll see you later", she said.

She walked in the direction and I groaned. How can a vampire and witch be friends? Times must've changed while I was gone.

******************************

Carly's POV

It was strange how Isabel was so called pretending she didn't know me. Something isn't right. I was picking up bad vibes from her. Sounds strange coming from a happy go lucky person. Which made me feel strange when I hugged her. For some reason she felt more undead than usual. I felt like she was being possessed. I have to go tell Cole. I ran to the living room and found him sitting there watching tv. I bowed before speaking.

"Your highness. I need to speak with you", I said.

He looked at me and scooted over so I could sit down. I sat next to him but didn't make eye contact with him.

"Something is wrong with Isabel", I said.

"What do you mean?", he asked.

"Well I bumped into her a few minutes ago and I picked up some bad vibes from her. She acted as if she didn't know me. Also her aura is off. It's almost evil like", I explained.

"She seemed fine earlier. I'll go talk to her", he said.

"No. Sorry for the disrespect but it wouldn't be a good idea. It may just be my mind playing games with me since I have to set up for the coronation but I'll investigate further to make sure that whatever I think I felt us true", I said.

"Okay. I trust you", he said.

"Oh and your mother wanted me to give this to you", I said.

I handed him the envelope and bowed before walking out the room. I just hope this is my mind playing tricks on me.

So as you can see I've brought back Carly and it felt like the right thing to do because she's a witch and she can sense danger so yeah. Anyways, comment what you think is gonna happen and if it was a good idea to bring Carly back and if so do you think she should be the one to find out Isabel is gone and Candace is the fake. Love you guys.