-Chapter Three-

**Updated 11/26/15

||Max's POV||

/DREAM/

"Maxi, come look!" My mother says, a smile on her face. 5 year old me waddles over to her. She picks me up and rests me on her hip. "look." She says pointing to the sea. There was dolphins swimming alongside our ship. I clap my hands together and giggle. "I want one Mommy!"

"Maybe when you're older sweetie. Ask Daddy." My dad walks over with a smile. "What's she wanting?" He asks. "A dolphin." He lets out a laugh. "Not now honey." He ruffles my hair causing me to giggle more. "Where are we going today, Liam?" Mom asks. "Somewhere beautiful. You both will love it." Dad smiles.

The setting changes, everyone is off the ship except mother and I'm asleep on my bed below deck, she's above deck. She's screaming. Before I can think, I'm up and on the deck watching my mother get thrown overboard onto a boat. I screamed as loud as I could, but no one could hear me. My mother was gone.

-

I woke up with beads of sweat on my forehead. "It was just a dream." I reassure myself. But, it actually happened. I need to clear my head. I get up and walk out of my tent, letting out a yawn.

"Bad dream?" A voice asks. Pan. "I guess." I mutter, wiping the sleep from my eyes. "Where is everyone?" I ask.

"Asleep. It's pretty early." He tells me. I turn red. "Sorry. I'm used to waking up this early." I whisper. He lets out a soft laugh. "Don't worry. Here, let me show you around the island. We have a few hours before everyone wakes up." I nod and follow him out of the camp.

"You've met Rumpelstiltskin, you say?" Peter asks, as we walk through the forest. I nod. "Yeah, well kind of. Why?" He shrugs. "I knew him when he was a boy, I wanted to know how he turned out."

"Oh, well, I mean, apparently he's a coward. He didn't fight in the ogre wars, and he injured himself so he could come home to his son, Baelfire." I tell him. "I see. It seems like something he would do, like his father." He mumbles. A little bit of pain in his voice. When I go to ask him about it, I stop deciding it wouldn't be the best thing to do right now.

We walk in silence for about 4 minutes until I decide to ask a question that's sparked my curiosity. "Yesterday, when Felix showed me my tent, he mentioned something." I start, noticing Peter tense up, almost like he knew I would say something. "He said that you were expecting me, what did he mean?"

Pan stops and turns to face me. "I knew you would come here, because of your father. I know a lot of things. Like your uncle, will give up trying to find you, when he can't find another magic bean. And, I'll need you to be here during everything, because you, you have something I need. You have hope, and hope will help save Neverland,There will also be a boy who will be born, in a few years and he'll save magic, as well you. Hope, and Belief are the key ingredients for magic.Unless, I can find another way. But from the looks of it, there is no way, except for something impossible. Also, I know how alone you feel, that you don't believe you could be as great as your parents. That's what makes you a Lost Girl." He says. I glance around. We're in the middle of many trees. I bite my lip. "You'll need me to be here?" he nods. "What are you planning?" His eyes never leave mine. "That, I cannot say." And with that, I take off.

I run as fast as my aching legs will carry me. I've ran too much the past few days. Once I make it back to the water I stop, before I go in. How am I supposed to leave? I can't even swim. When I go to take a step in the water, Pan's voice stops me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I spin around to face him. "Why is that?" I snap. "Because, there's mermaids in there. Vicious little buggers. They'll tear you to shreds." He tells me, a light sense of humor in his voice. "It sounds better then staying here." He smirks and appears inches away from me. Our eyes meet. "There is no escaping Neverland. You can try all you want, but you can't leave without my permission. And you don't have my permission."

His breath is hot on my face. "I will never stop trying to escape from you. You can't keep me here forever, I will escape." I say, loud enough for him to hear. "Oh, I would love to see you try." He whispers back.

I'm determined to get home.

----------------

So the chapters will probably be shorter for the next few chapters, like I don't know, but eh. Shh it makes sense in my head. Anywayssss

Hi. How are you? Okay yeah byeee

Edited 11/8/16