Chapter 7

Jezzy stormed off to her locker and was shoving her books in when someone came up behind her. "Hey Jezzy," said the boy from this morning.

"Yeah," she nodded, "Nate?"

"Yeah," he grinned, "So how was you first morning?"

Jezzy groaned, "Great," she said sarcastically, "only ten more months to go." Jezz grabbed her bag lunch from her locker and turned to the Commons.

Nate moved to keep stride with her, as they approached the Commons. Since Jezz had been detained with Daniel... Mr. Cooper, most of the tables were occupied. There were still benches available, but Jezzy was debating going outside to eat on the grass. Some fresh air would do her good.

"Do you have anyone to sit with?" Nate asked. "You could join our table, that is unless you have somewhere better to be..." he grinned at her.

Jezzy had almost forgotten he was still standing next to her. "You mean with your basketball friends?" she asked wryly. She wasn't sure if she was in the mood to be surrounded by jocks.

"No, I really only spend a lot of time with them during basketball season. Which doesn't officially start for two weeks." Pointing to one of the tables, Jezzy sees a group laughing and talking. There were three girls and two guys already sitting at the table.

Nate introduced her to everyone at the table. There was Kaitie, Amanda and Lisa. Nate gestured to the guys, Brett and Will. Everyone smiled and moved over so Nate and Jezzy could sit down. Soon they were back to joking and laughing, even Jezzy joined in from time to time. She had just laughed at something Brett said, when she looked across the Commons and spied Mr. Cooper heading towards the staff room.

Looking over just in time to see Jezzy still laughing, Daniel stopped walking long enough to make eye contact before continuing out of sight. Distracted, Jezzy could no longer focus on the conversation. She needed air and rising abruptly from the table she excused herself.

"Jezzy!" Nate called out as she headed for the exit, "you okay?"

"Yeah, fine." Jezzy put on forced smile, that didn't make it up to her eyes. "I just wanted to get some air. See ya later." Quickly, she left to find a place to breathe.

A/N: Just a quick chapter this time. More of a filler. Not really happy about this one, but since I'm stuck, I thought I'd post what I have so I can post the next chapter soon. I know I have at least one reader so far. Love to hear from you, or if I've gained a few more, please let me know if you're enjoying it or not. Have a great night.