Chapter 2

Valentine POV

It was now 5:00 and I was eating with my parents. Cara would be here after dinner to pick me up so we could try out the time machine. I was so excited to see Corey. I haven't been this happy in a long time.
Ever since I came back from the past I've felt different. I felt sad and empty. I felt guilty for not telling Corey what would happen to him. But now seeing him one more time will make me feel much better.

"Valentine. You okay?" My mom asked. "Huh-oh yeah I am great. Fine. Better than ever" I responded shaking my leg under the table. "Wow. You're really happy about sleeping over Cara's house" my dad told me. "Yeah" my mom gave me a questioning look. "Why? I mean you've slept over her house millions of times" she said. I didn't know what to say so I took another piece of chicken in to my mouth.

"Oh it's her best friend. She likes being with her" my dad defended. "Yeah" I said. "We're probably just going to see some Corey Haim movies" I said. "Oh.. Corey Haim. Haven't heard you talk about him in a while" my mom responded. "....yeah" I said. "You know I was his biggest fan. I had all the magazines he came out on. I remember this one magazine he came out on." She started. "You know I remember this one magazine that he was with this girl and me and all of my friends were jealous and mad. She seemed so familiar, I remember it so clearly. We never heard of that girl again. But you know he was probably with every girl in Hollywood" my mom chuckled. "I think I still have that magazine. She was wearing this flannel and had long brown hair" my mom said.

I was panicking inside. Was she talking about the one I came out on? But how could she remember that was like 30 years ago. "I-I have to get ready. Cara is probably on her way." I excused my self and ran up the stairs.

Last time I traveled time I wore the same clothes for three days. This time I'm coming prepared. I grabbed my back pack and stuffed in some clothes. I then got dressed in a baby pink crew neck that said cry baby with light washed high wasted jeans baby pink socks and my white superstar Adidas.

Just in time I heard the doorbell. I ran downstairs with my stuff. My mom beat me to the door revealing Cara in a short pastel pink pants and a white baby tee that said yum. I don't know how she wasn't cold it was already night time. Her blondish brownish hair was flowing down her shoulders and her bright blue eyes were so cheerful. "Hello mrs Reyes. I will be kidnapping your daughter today" she said. "Alright only if you bring her back by Monday morning" my mom said. We laughed at the comments 

"Okay let's go" Cara said. "Wait just a second" I said. I ran to the kitchen table and grabbed my Polaroid. "Alright have fun girls" my mom said when I left the house with Cara. We got in to her car but Cara didn't start the car. "W-what's wrong?" I ask. "What year are you going in?" She asked. "I don't know I haven't really thought of it?" I responded. Cara just gave me a blank face. "1992?" I said more like a question. I just said a random year. "Last time you went it was 1987 and you and Corey were both 16. This means you're both 21 now" Cara told me. "So I'll just pretend I'm 21" I told her. "But you'll need an ID" Cara told me. Cara kept giving me this look that was scaring me. "I have my ID" i responded. "You're birth year isn't 1971, Valentine" Cara told me like if it were obvious. I then understood what she meant. "Then where will I get a fake ID?!" I ask.

We sat there for a few minutes thinking. I then felt the car turn on. "Okay I got it lets go" Cara told me and pulled out my driveway. "Where are we going?" I asked. "My cousin. You know Rodger?" "Yeah I know Rodger" "well he makes fake IDs" Cara told me looking straight ahead. I nodded my head. "Where's the time machine?" I asked. "In the trunk. It's a bike" Cara told me. "Really? Nice" i said.

Rodgers house was a little far. But when we got there I didn't want to get out of the car. "C'mon Valentine let's go" Cara said from outside the car. "Hell no. It's scary" I said. He lived in a house in a side of a high way with no other house in sight. He lived in a small little yellow house. "No" I said. "Okay then you can't go to the 90s" Cara said. I then gave up and got out of the car. "Big foot is going to kidnap us" I said speed walking to the door. "Let's go inside" Cara said opening the door. "We don't have to knock?" I ask. "Nah. Come in" I heard a voice that wasn't Cara. It was Rodger. "Rodger hey" I said greeting him.

Cara closed the door behind her and took off her beanie. "Whatcha guys doing here?" He asked. I waited for Cara to answer for me because I was to nervous for some reason. "Fake IDs" Cara answered. "Really now?" Rodger said. "For what?" He finished. Cara and I look at each other. "For fun" I said. Rodger chuckled at me. "For fun alright Valentine c'mon let's get your picture" he lead me to a room and Cara was right behind me. "Stand there and say cheese" he told me. "Picture? No I'm not ready for a picture" I said. "C'mon Valentine go already" Cara pushed me.

Rodger took my picture then asked for information until he asked that one question "birth year?" He asked. Cara and I look at each other. "....71" Cara said for me. He Looked up at us "71 as in.... 1971?" He asked. I was trying to hold in my laugh and Cara's face was getting red. "Please" Cara said. "Okay....." He said and went on. We waited in his living room while he was working on the ID. His house was warm but I was still shivering. Rodger's house smelled like marijuana, I turned to Cara to ask her if she smells it to. She was sitting up straight and her face was pink. I didn't know why her face was pink. It's always pink to be honest but this time it was more pink and nervous looking. "Are you okay?" I ask. "I didn't know he smoke weed" she whispered. I giggle on how nervous she was. "Are you okay?" She turned to me. "We are in a fricken pot house" she said.

After she said so, Rodger came out and handed me the ID. It looked real. It was great. "How much?" Cara asked. "Don't worry about it." He answered. "No how much is it?" She asked.

While they were arguing about the price I decided to cut in. "Hey Rodger you sell weed?" I ask. "I ain't giving you non you guys are like 11" he said. "Yeah on a scale of one to ten" Cara cut in. "Oooh" I said at how sassy Cara was being. "I don't want weed im just asking" I said. "Yeah I do" he said. "Does your mom no about this" Cara asks. I snort "would you tell your mom Cara?!" Rodger said. Cara just huffed. I'm leaving 20 dollars on your couch if your not taking my money" Cara said. And she did so. I left another $20 since I know a fake ID for sure doesn't cost $20.

We then left but Cara stopped on the door way. "And we're 18 by the way" she said and strut away. I follow her to the car and she started the car. We didn't drive much because we got to the same parking lot we came in a taxi two years ago. It was 7:54pm at the time. We couldn't just drive to the freeway so we left the car at a parking lot near by. "Man this is bringing back memories" I said as we walk in to the side of the freeway. "Yeah doesn't it?" Cara responded holding on to the bike. It was a pretty beach cruiser, It was a mint blue. "Isn't this your bike?" I asked. "It was my old one but I got that purple one like last year and have this in the garage for no reason so I put it to use" Cara explained.
I was so excited. I was going to see Corey one more time. I was prepared and couldn't be more ready.

AUTHORS NOTE: thanks for waiting for my new sequel. Don't forget to read my other stories!

Follow me. Vote/comment

Insta: 80s.marathon

-Itzel :x