Chapter 12

Valentine POV

I woke up so exhausted. I kept having flash backs of last night. I remembered Jason Patric. I remember the count down to New Years. Also Cara, thinking of Cara made me upset. She got to drunk last night I had to baby sit her.

I got up from the empty bed. Corey must have been up already. I went to the room Cara was sleeping in. She was dead asleep; I jumped on top of her to wake her up. She groaned but was still asleep. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake uuuuuup!" I shake her. "What" she asked pissed. "We have to leave today. We've been here too long and it's time to go" I told her. "Fine let me just sleep for 5 more minutes." She rubbed her eyes. "No now before we get anymore distracted."

She groaned but got up. We got our stuff and got ready we then went down stairs seeing Corey watching tv. "Oh good morning" he greeted when he saw us. "Morning cor" Cara said still sleepy. Or just hangover. "I was thinking we should go ice skating today." He suggest. "Actually we're going to leave....." I told him.

He looked at me so sad it broke my heart. "Why...." He asked. "We have to get back home. I've been here for awhile now. It's just. It's just time to go" I explained. I was nervous when I said it and I kept biting my fingers. Cara laid on the stairs still tired and wanting to sleep.

Corey got up and walked closer to me. "Why? I-I don't understand why you always want to leave" he asked "it's not like tha-" he cut me off "do you not like it here. Do you not want to be with me?" I wanted to cry. "No Corey. God, no. Don't say that because that's a lie. I want to be with you. I want to be with you forever. I wish I can stay forever. But I have a life, a life I'm not fond of. But a life that I have to go back to. I don't belong here cor, you know that." By then tears were slipping down my face. "You can have a life here. I'll give you a beautiful life and you'll never want to leave. I can give you my world." He held on to me. This is so hard for me. "I-I can't" I sighed.

Corey let go of me. "Okay. If you want to leave. Leave later, let's go get breakfast. Maybe go ice skating. Then you can go if you want. Just stay for a little longer." He pleaded. He was looking straight at me. I couldn't say no to his beautiful blue eyes. If I stay, it will be harder to leave. If I go, I will upset Corey. "Only for a little while." I told him. A smile grew on his beautiful face. He picked me up and twirled me around. "I love you!" He shouted. He put me down "let's go!" He cheered.

I woke up Cara who was snoring on the stairs. "Let's go we're going to stay for a little while" I told her. "Yes! Thanks cor" She yelled. We went to go eat breakfast and went ice skating. No one was there. Probably because it's New Year's Day and everyone is with their family. Family, I miss my family. I was wondering what my parents were doing. I was wondering what they would be doing in this year. I remember finding some old pictures of them when they were dating. Like in late 80s. It was so cringy but hilarious. By dads mullet and my mom's tights. I chuckled to myself.

"C'mon let's go rent some skates." Corey  told us. When we got on the ice Cara and I were struggling. But Corey was a pro. Cara and I held on to each other almost falling every second. Corey skated around  laughing at us. "Look at him" Cara muttered. "Fricken show off. These Canadians think they're pros." She finished. "Ok Cara settle down." I chuckled.

"Need a hand?" Corey laughed. I was about to say yes but Cara talked over me. "No we're doing just fine we don't need a hand" she told him. Corey chuckled and skated away. "You're going to drop me Cara!" I yelled at her. "Well skate!" She yelled back. We kept bickering until we both ended up falling. Corey laughed at us and helped us up. "Don't help Cara up she's mean" I said. "Just because you're scared of damn ice" Cara talked back.

"Shut up Cara" I said playfully when Corey helped me up. "Skate by yourself I don't want to skate with you" I bickered. "Fine skate with your boyfriend" she said. She struggled to get up but refused to get help from Corey or me.

Corey grabbed my hand and lead me but I was so scared to fall. I felt like i would fall and break the ice. "Don't worry I got you." He smiled at me. He came in front of me but facing me, going backwards trying a to guide me. "Corey, I'm scared." I said. "Don't be. You got it. Just look at me. Just look in to my eyes. Don't look down. You got this. You can do it." He told me.

I stared off in to his eyes seeing how happy he looked. I tried skating. Maybe it wasn't the best skating, but good for it to be my first time. "I'm doing it. I'm really doing it Corey!" I cheered. "Yes! Go! Go Valentine go! You can do it." Corey cheered while still skating backwards to be there for me in case I fell.

We heard Cara screech and Corey skated off. I stopped almost falling on my face. I stood there still trying not to fall. I was in the middle of the ice and had nothing to hold. I turned to find Corey helping Cara up and teaching her how to move her feet. I was so scared. "Uh Cor. Corey. Corey!!" They both turn to me seeing how I'm barely balancing myself. Corey skated to me and I held on to him. "It's okay, you're okay. See." He smiled at me. He always knew how to make me feel better. Cara then skated over. "I can skate now!" Cara smiled. "Good for you but I'm still scared" I said.

Corey guided me and showed me how to move my feet and how to balance myself until I wasn't scared anymore.
"Pretty good for a Cali girl." he chuckled.
"I guess so." I smiled

I wondered where Cara was because I couldn't see her. I then turn and we see a flash. I got scared and fell leading Corey to fall. Cara laughed.
"Whoops sorry." she said hiding behind the camera.
"A warning would be nice." I said as Corey helped me up.

For the rest of the time, well since I learned how to skate, we just had fun on ice taking pictures.

It was so memorable and so fun and I loved seeing Corey laugh and smile. And that's all that mattered.

AUTHORS NOTE: I'm really sorry I haven't updated. The end of the school year was overwhelming with tests, and grades, and a lot more. And now I'm in summer school and that's not easy either. I hope you guys aren't mad. This story is almost done so get ready! Love you guys so much.

Vote /comment.

Follow me. Read my other stories.

Insta - 80s.marathon

-Itzel :X