Chapter 9

Valentine POV

I got to the bridge. I struggled lifting the bike up the stairs. When I got up I looked down at the city. Los Angeles 1992. How beautiful. I set my bike to the date.

I then felt a harsh wind I turned  seeing colorful lighted twitching then swirling then it opened. Out came Cara flying out in the skate board and fell on top of me. "Cara!" I yelled happily. "I'm so fricken pissed at you Valentine" she told me. We got up and I hugged her but she didn't hug me back. She was real mad. "Oh no" she said. I looked at what she was looking at. It was Corey in shock. "Okay. Um. It's not what it looks like" I told him calmly. He then passed out. Laying flat on the floor.

"See what you did Valentine" Cara told me. "Me?" I asked. "You came here all swirling out of a hole and it's my fault?" I asked. "Yeah! You're suppose to make sure he doesn't follow you!" She yelled. We started bickering. "Okay stop!" She said. Let's just take him back to his house"  Cara told me. "Well first let's make sure he's okay" I said.

We checked if he was breathing. "He's fine call a cab" Cara told me. "Oh yeah let me just take out my smart phone in 1992" I said sarcastically. Cara rolled her eyes. "Look for a pay phone then" she told me. I got down from the bridge and found one quickly. I called a cab and went back up to the bridge.

"They'll be here in 5 minutes" I said. "Okay help me take Corey down" Cara said. She put his left arm around her shoulder and I put his right arm around my shoulder. We got him down carefully on the curb. Cara went back up the bridge and got the bike and skate board. The cab then came a few minutes later and we got in. We put glasses over Corey to not make anything look suspicious but the driver couldn't care less.

When we got to Corey's house we laid him on the couch. "See was that so hard?" I asked. "How does someone be knocked out for so long?" Cara asked. I shrugged. "Why the hell were you not home yet?" Cara asked. "Okay. I have a good explanation" I started. "Well it better be good" she told me. "I was with Alyssa Milano at a party!" I told her. "Great explanation" she said sarcastically. "But wait there's more" I said. "You sound like a commercial" she told me. "We hit it off real well. It was so much fun and we talked a lot and I never looked at the time..." I told her everything. "Well your parents are looking for you and I had to tell them we were at a party and I'm suppose to be looking for you. So we gotta go" she told me. "We can't go right now. I have to make sure Corey is alright" I said looking at him and stroking his hair. He seemed so peaceful asleep, so angelic, he truly does have a beautiful soul. "Well we have to leave soon" she remarked. "We will..... I'm sorry you had to go threw that" Cara looked at Corey. "It's okay" she huffed.

"But c'mon. It's fun time traveling huh?" I said. "Yeah it's fun" I made her crack a smile. Corey then opened his eyes. "Time travel?" Corey murmured. "Oops" I muttered. "Not my fault" I told Cara. Corey rubbed his eyes and looked at both of us. "Hi I'm Cara" she said. "Y-you time travel?!" He asked. "Yeah. Well no. Valentine mostly does. But I make the inventions. Pretty smart huh?" Cara explained. "I thought we weren't suppose to tell him" I gritted my teeth. "Well. He already knows" Cara sighed. "But he didn't know so we could've played it off" I responded. "Ohhh. I'm an idiot" Cara said. "You time travel too?" Corey asked me. I nodded ashamed.

Corey sat up and looked at both of us. "Where are you guys from then?" He asked us. "2015" Cara answered. "Y-you guys aren't even born yet?!" He asked. "We're not even 21. We're 18" Cara told him. "I got a fake ID" I told him. "Oh my god." He said. "I can't believe you didn't tell me this" Corey sat up. "I'm sorry Corey. If I wanted to come here I couldn't say anything. Especially since I didn't want to change the past." I was being honest with him now.

"So how's the future like?" Corey asked us. "We can't answer those questions you'll just have to wait and see...." Cara doze off and looked at me. "What?" Corey noticed we were hiding something. "Don't worry about the future. It sucks. Nothing like back to the future part 2. Believe me. The movie was better than real life. We don't even have hover boards. We have this stupid two wheel-" Cara cut me off "I think that's enough Valentine" she told me. I scoffed.

"So what can you tell me about the future that won't harm telling me?" He asked. "Always be happy" I said. "Valentine!" Cara shouted. "What?" He asked. "What do you mean what? Someday a might be hard but just remind yourself it could be worse and tomorrow might be a better day so you gotta keep your head up" I told him. "What happens to me?" He asks. "Valentine" Cara stops me. "Just-"
"Valentine!"
"Don't do anything stupid"
"Valentine stop"
"What I can't give him advice?"
"You're going to cause something"
"We already caused a lot,Cara" which was true. Cara wanted to keep this on a down low and she caused most of this. Even though it's my fault as well.

"Can you please tell me" Corey asked. "I'm sorry Corey. That's all I can tell you" I sighed. "McDonalds breakfast is 24 hours" Cara said. We both looked at her. "No harm" she said. "Now let's go to Disney Land" she said. "At 2:00am?" I asked. "Later then. Fine" she said. "When are we going back?" I asked her. "Um. After Disney land. We'll just put the dates a little back". She told me. "Then why couldn't I do that?" I asked. "I forgot" she giggled.
I was pretty pissed I forgot about that. I'm able to put a couple days earlier on the time travel to take me back home earlier. I did that last time and now I feel stupid because I could've stayed here longer.

"Well I'm pretty fricken tired" Cara told me. "I have a spare room I'll show you the way" Corey told her. Cara followed Corey and so did I since I had nothing better to do. I went in to Corey's room where I had been sleeping at. I went through my back pack checking if I had another outfit for tomorrow. I heard someone enter the room.

I turned looking at Corey. He looked tired and upset. "So you've been lying to me this whole time?" He sat on the bed. "Well" I sighed "it's not necessarily lying it's more like I never told you" I responded. "Is that why you always leave in a rush?" He asked me. I walked over to him and sat on the bed next to him. "Yes". he held my hand "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you Corey. Trust me I wanted to tell you a million of times but I wasn't allowed too. I can't risk changing the past" I explain to him.

He wraps his arms around me and I do the same. "You're not mad at me" I ask. "I can't be mad at someone I love" he whispered to me. He then fell asleep in my arms while I was red as a tomato from what he just told me.

AUTHORS NOTE: I'm sorry I hadn't updated. But I still check up on my stories and I love you guys commenting it means a lot to me. I love your comment and replying when I can. Thank you so much for putting my story in your reading list and following me it means so much to me and I'm thankful for all my readers.

Follow me. Comment/vote

Insta: 80s.marathon
Twitter: itzy_spiderr

Read my other stories

-Itzel :X