Chapter 4

Valentine POV

I felt useless. I didn't have anyone to call. I didn't have Corey's number. I have nothing of him. I even don't have a phone to call Cara.
15minutes had passed by and out came that boy from the apartment. I turned to see and he looked at me. "You still here?" He asked. "I have no where to go" I looked at him. "So you looking for Corey huh?" He said. I didn't see how he'd help me. "He moved last year. Got a big house." He told me. "Do you know his address?" I ask. "I don't know. You a crazy fan or something?" He had a Brooklyn accent. "No. I'm an old friend. I would like to see him. It's been two years since I last saw him" I said. "Wait-your that one Valerie girl right?" "Valentine actually" i corrected. "Yeah!" He said. "Man was he real bummed out about you leaving. Not a number or address was left from you he was in love" he told me. My face got red but I looked down smiling.

"You got paper?" He asked "I have an old receipts said muffling through my stuff for my wallet. Then giving it to him. "I gotta pen" he said. He wrote down the address then gave it to me with a smile. "Good luck" he told me and left.

I then waited for a taxi to come and gave him the address. When one stopped by I tried my best to put my bike in the trunk and got in. I gave the man the address and In short minutes I was at a big beautiful house. I got out of the taxi and payed the the driver. When I headed to the door a lady came out, looked like a maid. "Hi. Does Corey live here?" I asked nervously. "Oh yes he does sweetie. But he's not home right now. He should be home around 2:00am or so. Probably went to a party" she told me. "Oh thank you I said. She nodded and walked away probably going home in her warm home in her warm pajamas in her warm bed with her warm blankets drinking warm hot chocolate. I was freezing. I felt like my nose was going to get a frost bite. I waited on his porch. The porch wasn't warm. I had another jacket in my back pack and covered myself with it. I checked my watch. It was 1:45am, time better go faster and I hope Corey will come earlier.

**

I felt someone shaking me I groaned. I opened my eyes and got up with my back hurting. I rubbed my eyes and felt someone pulling me up. "Valentine?" He said. My eyes finally adjusted and I saw him. "Corey!" I said sleepy but happy. He pulled me up to my feet, face to face with him. I jumped on him hugging him. He was warm and cozy and I was cold as an ice cube. "Come inside your freezing" he said unlocking his door and opening it. The warmness surrounded me and it felt great. Like when your hands are so cold so you wash them with hot water and it feels so great.

He held on to me and I didn't let go of him. I memorized a smell that bothered me at that moment. "Have you been drinking?" I asked. He looked at me. "Just a little, come on inside" he whispered. He sat me on his couch but all I could think of was the smell of alcohol. "When did you get here?" He asked me sitting right next to me. I laid my head on the arm of the couch and Corey allowed me to put my legs on top of him. "1:45" I yawned. "You were out in the cold that long?!" Corey asked. I was trying to answer but I was exhausted. My eyes didn't let me look at him. I was too sleepy to even be excited.

I couldn't see anymore. I felt someone lift me up and walking, taking me in to a room and setting me down in a soft cushion. It was a bed. I felt warm covers over me. I buried my face in to the blankets. It felt so nice. I then heard as if Corey was leaving. "Corey?" I was able to cry out. "Yeah"he whispered to me softly. "Don't go" I said and I felt him get under the covers as well. his warm hand wrap around me. Everything was warm to me. The house was warm, The blankets were warm, the bed was warm, corey was warm. Corey, Corey was with me. He always made me feel warm.

AUTHORS MESSAGE: hi readers! I'm sorry I haven't updated my life has been really busy right now with school and family stuff. I'll try to update more often

Follow me. Vote/ comment

Read my other stories

Insta: 80s.marathon

-Itzel :x