Chapter 17

Valentine's POV

The next day I woke up to my mom yelling my name very early in the morning.

"Valentine!" I heard her yell from downstairs.

"What." I groaned.

I heard someone coming up the stairs thinking it was my mother until I saw Cara coming in to my room slowly. Like if she was unsure if I'd let her in.

"Cara!" I said surprised.

"Hi, Valentine. Um. Can I come in?" She asks.

I never heard Cara ask that. Probably because we've been friends forever and we always felt at home at each other's place. But now it's different. We haven't talked in a while and we sound like strangers talking for the first time and it bothers me.

"Yeah, Cara. Come sit." I pat my bed.

She hops on my bed so we're face to face.

We were silent for a while.

"You're mother called..." She started.

"Oh god- I'm sorry my mom bothered you. Ugh."

"No, no. She called telling me that you told her what happened and that we might have fought but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be friends anymore. And I think she's right." Cara looked down at her fingernails.

Her beautiful eyes then stared at me deeply. Her blondish hair was down, it had grown longer but not as long as mine. She was in a grey sweat shirt with ripped jeans that her mother hated because she doesn't understand why people by ripped clothing. Unlike my mother who loves ripped jeans. Our mothers are very different from each other. I was still in my PJs which weren't real PJs because they're just Sweat shorts with a huge t shirt.

"Listen, Valentine. Since we haven't talked in a while it got me thinking thinking... And I realized how wrong I was for being so immature. I mean, I got drunk and you had to babysit me on New Years. And I never wanted to leave. I'm just- I'm sorry, Valentine. I never meant for our friendship to end like this. I know Corey means a lot to you and I put you in a bad position." She said.

"I'm sorry too" I sighed. "I just felt like such a party pooper and uptight. I should have just laid low like you." I finished.

"But it was my fault. I-"

"Why don't we accept each other apologies and hug it out." I cut her off.

"Okay." Cara smiled.

We gave each other a big bear hug.

Our hug broke when I got a message. I hovered over my nightstand to get my phone to see who it was. I got butterflies in my stomach when I saw who the message was from. Cara got on top of me squishing me hard.

"Who is it, Valentine?" She asked so curious.

"I-it's from David. Now get off of me."

She got off of me and I gasped for air.

"David? Your neighbor David? The one who used to spy on you from the window when we were freshmen? That David?" Cara asked.

"Yes that David."

"Well what did he say?" Cara asks.

"He asked if I had roller skates" I said reading the message. I quickly replied yes and he responded saying to bring them with me when he picked me up.

"Why is he picking you u- Valentine are you going on a date with him?! Oh my god, Valentine!!" Cara started jumping up and down so excited.

"Cara calm down, we're just going out no big deal." I said. I sat on my bed and she sat next to me. "We walked home together and he walked me to my door and he kissed my cheek." I smiled holding my cheek. He left but came back later to ask me out." I smiled looking down.

"Aw, Valentine. That's so cute. I'm going to help you get ready." Cara tells me.

"Cara, don't embarrass me. I think my mom will embarrass me enough when he gets here later." I responded.

"Cmon, Valentine it'll be fun." Cara whined.

"Girls! Come down for breakfast!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

We rushed down to eat and we talked like nothing held us back. I was happy Cara and I were friends again.

AUTHORS NOTE: sorry for the short chapter just trying to finish the chapter.

On a scale from 1-10 how much do you guys like my story?

Read my other stories!

Follow me

Like/comment

-Itzel :X