Chapter 13

Valentine's POV

5:00pm
We were just watching television and eating pizza. All I could think of was that we had to leave. I missed home. I missed my parents. But I'm going to miss Corey so, so much. The more we stay here, the harder it's going be to say goodbye. Corey is the only person who can make me feel like the happiest girl in the world.

I'm scared of doing something wrong. I'm scared of screwing up and changing more than I've already caused. Cara is making it harder than it should be, she doesn't understand why we have to leave when she's the one that told me in the first place why I need to go back to the present.

"Cara can I talk to you alone" I told her.

We both got up and went upstairs. Corey was falling asleep watching TV.

"What's up." Cara flopped on the bed.
"Don't act stupid, Cara. You know we have to leave" I told her.

She rolled her eyes and laid back.

"Do we really have to?" She started.

I hated when she made me sound like the party pooper when she's the one who made the rules.

"Now Cara. We need to go. Now"

Cara saw my face and knew I was playing around.

"Fine I'll get my stuff" she muttered getting out.

I felt better knowing I convinced her that it was time to go. I grabbed my bag and made sure I had everything. "You're leaving?" I heard a soft voice. I turned to see Corey rubbing his eyes in front of the door. "I- I need to get home, Cor." I explained. "Please stay." I looked at him "Corey, I really don't want to go. But please understand I can't stay. Don't make it any harder than it already is." He sighed. "Can I at least take you guys" he asked. "Yes, Corey you can take us." I smiled.

Corey drove us to the bridge where we first started. I remembered so vividly the very first time I came here. I looked down at the car zooming by seeing it all for the last time. Cara set everything up so we can transport. Corey stood next to me looking at the view.

"So this is where you first started." He spoke
I nodded my head and sighed.
"I was 16 years old when I first came" I chuckled remembering that adventure.
"Yeah. I remember seeing you and how nervous you were and how different you were. You've looked beautiful since the day I met you."

I was going to miss him with all my heart. I felt like I was going to die if I left him. My life would have no meaning with out Corey.

"Okay Valentine. I set the date and its ready to go" Cara told me.

I turned to Corey.

"I am going to miss you so much, Corey. Please don't think that I don't love you or I don't want to be with you" I cried. "I want to be with you forever. But I was born to late. I'm sorry, Corey. I truly am. Because you should never lose someone you love." I started babbling. Corey hugged me cutting me off.

"I love you, Valentine. You will always live in my heart. Please be safe and happy. I want you to always be happy, because you're happiness means the world to me." He told me.

I started crying harder. Time was running short. I didn't want to leave him. I wanted to see his face everyday. I'm going to miss his eyes, his smile, his laugh. I'm going to miss Corey Haim. I wanted him to remember me like I remember him.

I took off my ring.

"Corey this is my ring. I've had this forever and I never take it off. It's my birthstone see. My dad carved my name on the side. I want you to have this. So I will always be with you. I want you to do good things. Be happy. Make yourself happy because at the end that's what matters. Be safe, don't do anything you'll regret. Please Corey." I gave him my ring.

"Let's go Valentine!" Cara shouted.

"I'm going" I yelled back.

"Wait, Valentine." Corey held me back.

And at that moment Corey kissed me. This was the last time I'll ever see him again. I kissed him back with tears still running. I broke it apart.

I looked at him when I walked away. I got on the bike and Cara on the skate board. She skated off. I looked back at Corey one last time where he was standing. He had my ring in his hand and just looked at me with tears slowly falling from his cheeks.

I looked at the teleport and pedaled. I pedaled fast seeing Cara already inside. I pedaled then he was gone.

My Corey was gone

AUTHORS NOTE: what you thought it was over? Guess again! I'm almost done with summer school and I want to finish this story before I start school again which is mid August. Just a few more chapters left!

Follow me.

Vote/comment

-Itzel :x