Chapter 16

Valentine's POV

"You found it..." I said softly.

"What do you mean I found it what does this mean. You time traveled?" she asked with a chuckle like if she was kidding.

I looked at her seriously.

When she finished her little laugh she saw how dead serious I was.

"Valentine, are you meaning to tell me this is you. In 1987?" She asks.

"Um..." I couldn't find the right words to stay.

"Valentine. What on earth are you talking about?" My mom sounded more worried.

"Okay" I sighed. "I'll tell you but you aren't going to believe me." I finished.

"Try me" she simply says.

"Okay, see. You know how much Cara wants to be a scientist. That's all she could dream about. And well you know how much I love the 1980s and 1990s." I started explaining not knowing where I was going with this.

"For my 16th birthday, remember when I went to sleep over at Cara's? Well. For my gift she let me use her best invention she ever created. A time traveler! We went to LA and tested it out and it worked. Being in the busy city and all I got to meet Corey Feldman who introduced me to Corey Haim! Mom I met Corey! And not only that but-but we got to know each other so well-"

"I don't believe you." My mom automatically cuts me off.

"I knew you weren't going to believe me. Okay. Wait here" I said.

I ran up to my room and grabbed pictures from the first and last time I went to the past. When I got back to the garage I got on my knees and let just dropped them on the floor. My mom sat on the cold dirty floor with me looking at the pictures.

"I can't believe this, Valentine..." She said so surprised.

"This is from the first time I went. Cara gave me the skateboard time traveler, a disposable camera, and a phone to keep in contact with her. It was the greatest thing ever... Well I thought it was." My eyes were getting watery remembering Corey.

"Why are you crying, Valentine? This is so awesome. I wish you shared this with me sooner... I would think you would be happy?" My mom says.

I showed her pictures from the last time I went.

"Mom, I thought it was the greatest experience of my life. But I feel like such a fool for leaving, Corey. He was to good and I left him sad. He was the best thing that ever happened to me and I thought that I could save him but I'm just an idiot for thinking I could help I screwed everything up!" I was crying so hard now my mom came closer to me and hugged me.

"Mom I miss him. I-I miss him and I love him." I cried into her hair.

"Valentine... I knew you liked these actors but, I didn't know you felt like this."

My poor mother tries to understand why I loves the actors, movies, shows, music, and fashion. She always wondered why I was repeating her steps from when she was younger. She's the only person I feel I can talk to about my interests. Even though for her, it's just the past. And for me, it's my world.