Chapter 15

Valentine POV

It's been three weeks since I came back from the 90s. And since then I haven't talked to Cara. We came back to school from winter break and I've spent most of my time just at home after school and weekends. Even though my parents try to get me to go out once in a while I usually stay home watching movies.

Sixth period bell rang and I couldn't wait to get home. I don't really have anyone to talk to in school. I try to be more social like my mom tells me. But I always catch myself wandering inside my head and remember I haven't said a word. I wish I was well known like my mom.

"Hey Valentine! I was wondering if we can walk home together. I don't have my car right now and I didn't want to have a boring walk." A friend asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

His name is David, he lives in my neighborhood and he's very nice. He likes DJing and we get along great because he's in to 90s music. I always hear him playing music from my house.

"Sure, David. I have been feeling pretty lonely anyways." I smile at him.

"Well when I get my car back I can always give you a ride."

"Thanks, but I like walking. It gives me time to think."

"Well I'd do anything to spend time with you." He tells me.

I looked down not wanting to make eye contact with him.

Walking home with him was very interesting. He talked about music and we had a lot in common and liked the same artists. Every time he looked at me his green eyes sparkled. I have to admit he is very cute and I thought so since his nerdy days when he first moved here when we were both freshmen.

He walked me to my door since his house was still next one.

"I had fun talking with you David" I told him.

"Yeah me too. I hope we can talk again soon" he responded.

"Yeah anytime"

"Well I gotta go, Valentine. B-but maybe we can hang out some time. Just you and me." He sounded nervous.

"Yeah David, that sounds great"

"Well... Bye" he said and gave me a kiss on my cheek and walked away. I walked in to my house surprised leaning over the closed door.

My mom walked in to the living room where I was. So I sat on the couch so she wouldn't see my face.

I was blushing and I tried hiding it from her.

"I couldn't help but see you were with David" I could feel her smiling at me.
"Y-yeah" was all I can say with me burying my face in my long hair.

My mother sat next to me. "I know you're blushing, Valentine. There's nothing wrong with liking a guy. And it looks like he's interested in you." She said happily.

I came out from my hair like a turtle out of its shell. I had a huge smile on my face thinking of him.

"You think he likes me?" I ask softly.

My mom smiles at me.

He does have beautiful eyes, and beautiful brown hair. We like the same music, he's also very sweet and polite.