Chapter 11

Valentine POV

11:13pm

The party was pretty crazy at Corey's house. Cara loved it, she loved every single thing about the 90s. "I'm partying in the 90s, how great is this!" Cara kept repeating. "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself" I told her with a small chuckle. "To be honest I wish we never had to go!" She told me. "Cara. When I came here. You made me promise I was going to come back to the present yesterday! You gave me no exceptions. And now that you're here we can leave when ever?!" I ask her.

"I'm sorry Valentine" she sighed. "I just didn't think it'd be this awesome" she said taking a drink of her champagne. "Wouldn't you rather wait till 12:00 for the toast" I asked her noticing she was already drinking champagne. "Nah. My parents never let me drink and I'm gonna take advantage we are far from them." she responded. "Then maybe you'd want some beer or even vodka" I suggested. She just took another gulp.
"No way!" She screamed in my ear. "Ow. Cara" I whined. "Dude. Dude. Dude. Look dude oh my god. Dude. Bro. No way" Cara was panicking. She wasn't breathing correctly. "Calm down Cara. Breathe Cara. What's wrong" I tried to calm her. "Dude. It's Jason Patric" she said pointing with her eyes. I saw him talking to some girls. He was a gorgeous man. His jawline was beautiful I gotta say.

"Go talk to him" I laughed. "Okay" she took me seriously. "Oh crap really?" She must've already been kinda drunk because regular Cara would never in a million years attempt to talk to a cute guy let alone a famous one! "Watch how it's done" she winked at me and then walked towards him.

I did notice her going up to him then swerving away and just walking around him basically creeping around. It was hilarious.
I laughed and drank from my cup. "Dumb ass" I chuckled. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned seeing it was Alyssa Milano. "Alyssa hey!" I cheered. "Hi! I thought you had to leave yesterday?" She asked. "Oh yeeeaaah. I-i just um- my friend came. And she wanted to stay another day. We'll be leaving after midnight" I explained. "Oh well I'm glad you didn't leave we didn't even get to exchange phone numbers!" She told me. Oh crap is she gonna want to have my phone number. Alyssa then wrote something on a paper and gave it to me. "Thanks" I said when she gave it to me. "I-I just got a new number and I forgot to memorize it. But I'll call you for sure" I lied. "No problem" she said. A friend then pulled her away but Cara then came back disappointed.

"Did you embarrass yourself?" I asked her. "Yeeeeah" she said bummed. I put my arm around her shoulder. "Don't worry fam. I'll find you a guy that looks like Jason Patric when we get home okay" I told her. "But I want that Jason Patric" she told me sounding like a five year old wanting a Barbie doll. "I know buddy but we're not from here" I told her.

"EVERYONE 1 MORE MINUTE TILL 12!!!" Someone shouted. Everyone was got close to the tv where we watched the ball drop from New York in time square and Corey ran up to me coming out of no where. I was going to be able to witness coming in to 1993 I found this so much fun.

Corey put his arm around my shoulders as everyone counted. 5.....4......3.....2......1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Before I even knew it Corey grabbed my face by surprise and kissed me. A beautiful warm kiss that caught me off guard completely. When he let go of me he cheered in to the new year. I turned to Cara who was on my left and laughed at me hugging me "I'm such a fricken third wheel" she shouted through the loud fire works and horns and cheers.

I turned back to Corey who was still by my side and hugged him. "Happy new year Corey" I said against his shoulder. "Happy new Valentine" he said rubbing my back. "Oh my god some one just give me some vodka and kill me" I heard Cara shout. When we broke the hug Cara wasn't by my side anymore. I went looking for her in the kitchen. Probably getting more champagne.

I did find Cara in the kitchen pouring herself a drink of vodka this time. "Want some?" She asks me. "No. Cara we're not even 21" I told her. "I'm not even born yet" she responded. "Sssshhhhh" I said noticing people were around. Cara was already pretty drunk. "I'm such a third wheel. That we're just a perfect tricycle" she told me. "Cara stop. You know I've third wheeled real hardcore with you" I reminded her. "With who?" She asked me. "9th grade tony Garcia" I responded. "Who?" She asked again. "Tony. Tony from 9th grade" I repeated myself. "Oh. Oh yeeeeah. You did third wheel pretty hard" she told me. "Yeah see. And this is only for today. We'll leave in an hour" I told her. I looked in to her blue eyes. They weren't so focused. She was getting more drunk sipping that vodka. I actually don't think we'll be leaving today. "Anyway you wanted to stay" I reminded her. I don't even think she was listening to me anymore. "I'm sorry Cara" she told me. "Cara? No your Cara I'm Valentine" I checked her. "Huh? Oh yeeeeah" she said then started laughing at her own mistake. Oh great I'm going to have to deal with drunk Cara. "I'm not drunk" she told me. I guess she heard that.

"Hey wanna here a joke?" Cara asked me. "Okay" I said. "What do chickens do for fun?" She asked me. "What?" I asked. Cara stayed silent for a bit. "I-I forgot" she said. We both laughed at her. Cara stopped laughing and I looked at her looking at what she was looking at. "Ya guys want chips there's like a bunch of left overs" it was Jason Patric talking to us handing us a bin of potato chips. "T-thank you" I said stuttered. I grabbed a handful of chips. Jason gestured to Cara if she wanted some. I lightly shoved Cara to speak. "No thank you I'm vegetarian" she said. Ok wow she's really going to do this right now. "It's not meat Cara. And you're not even vegetarian!" I told her. "Oh yeah" she said. Jason chuckled.

"Thank you. I'm sorry... About her" I apologized for Cara. "No problem" he said with a charming smile. "It's her first time getting drunk" I explained. "Michael how's star?" Cara shouted and I elbowed her. "Ow. Valentine!" She rubbed her rib. "So you're an actor right?" I said trying to start conversation maybe to help Cara out. But she was just being obnoxious but thankfully didn't scare him away. "I'm sorry go on." I smiled. He talked for a bit. Less than 5 minutes then leaving. Cara wouldn't stop being annoying. When he left I turned to my friend."Would you shut up. I'm trying to hook you up with Jason and you're acting like this!" I said to her. "I'm s-sorry" she said. "B-but I f-feel sick" she said then puking on the sink behind us. "Cara no" I sighed. I pulled her hair pack and patted her back. I heard a few ews in the background. But I didn't care. This wasn't going as planned.

AUTHORS NOTE: I'm sorry for taking so long to update. But I also feel like I'm always apologizing. If you want to hear more from me follow my Twitter @ itzy_spiderr

Follow me!
Vote/comment
Insta: 80s.marathon

-Itzel :x