Chapter 14

Valentine's POV

The teleport swept us in so quickly. I saw Cara in the black, cold teleport laughing and smiling. But all I can think of was Corey. There were colorful lights flashing I could feel the cold air hitting my face then I saw a little open hole showing the outside. I heard honking and loud traffic. The opening got bigger and bigger until we finally flew out the teleport.

Cara fell out and landed on the hard, cold cement. She broke my fall and she giggled.
"That was so much fun, Valentine. Now I know why you never wanted to come back" she said laughing.

I got off of her and fixed myself up. I was so mad I didn't want to talk to her.

"What's wrong?" She asked with that smile still plastered on her face.

I was looking out at the freeway when I just blew up. I turned around and looked straight at her.

"You want to know what's wrong? You really want to know? Well okay" I began. "Remember the first time I traveled time? Remember how I used to call you and tell you how much fun I was having with Corey! All you could say is come home, come home."

Cara's smile disappeared. She looked worried when she saw tears were rolling down my cheek.

"I have gone through a lot, Cara. But nothing was as painful as leaving Corey behind." I said softly. "You gave me the chance to see him again and it was the best. He always made it hard for me to leave. I wanted to stay in corey's arms forever! But I couldn't because I knew I had to obey your orders." I paced back and forth crying.

"Listen Valen-"

"No. I'm not finished, Cara. You came. You came looking for me. To come home. Corey saw you. He saw us. He knows about transportation now. You warned me so many, and I mean many times about not talking about the future. And that's the first thing you did!" I yelled. I was so frustrated.

"We had to come back and you didn't want to! You made me look like I didn't want to be there when I was just going by your rules! You made it so much harder, Cara. Corey probably thinks I hate him. We probably changed the past. And now I'm late to get home and I'm going to get in trouble." I cried even more.

"Valentine......" Cara tried to say something.

I grabbed my bag and walked away.

"Wait. Valentine, let me give you a ride home. C'mon I can't take the bike by myself." She said.

I stopped walking and turned around. It was a very long walk from here. And I didn't want her to get hurt taking the bike down the steep stairs.

I helped her bring the stuff to the car without saying a word to her. She tried making small talk but I wouldn't answer. All I was thinking about was Corey. I missed him so much.

Cara got to my house but she wouldn't unlock the car door to let me out. "Here me out, Valentine."

"I'm sorry I got caught up in the past. I got so overwhelmed of. Well everything. I never felt so alive. The parties and the people. It was so much fun I understood why you didn't want to come back the first time. But I didn't think it was that big of a deal for you."

I finally unlocked the car door and got out. I walked up to the door knowing I was going to get yelled at for coming so late.

"Valentine, wait." Cara got out of the car.

"I didn't know. I never thought it'd be this hard for you. I just want to know how it'd be like to be in the 90s. A great invention designed by me." She said so proud.

I turned and looked at her.

"Well to you it might have just been a victory invention. But to me, it broke my heart. I hope you're happy. You and your invention make a great couple." I told her and went inside.

I ran straight up to my room seeing no one. Good, since I didn't want anyone to see me cry.

"Honey are you home?" I heard my dad. "Y-yeah I'm home, dad. Safe and sound" I said through the door. "Good honey. Now get some sleep" he told me and I heard him walk away.

But that night I didn't sleep. I cried the whole time. I was worried about Corey. I had the curiosity to go on my laptop and google him. Seeing if anything changed. It was all the same March 10, 2010. I cried thinking how stupid I was for ever thinking it'd work between Corey and I. We're from different world's.

I'm so stupid

I'm the stupidest person alive!

I never deserved Corey.

I blew it.

I screwed everything up.

I spent my night like that. Blaming myself and crying.

I just miss Corey so much.

AUTHORS NOTE: hello everyone I have finally finished summer school and I feel so accomplished. I'm very proud of myself and I will try to finish this story before I go back to school since I finally get to relax. Hope you guys are still enjoying my story!!

Follow me. Read my other stories.

Vote/ comment

Insta: 80s.marathon

Twitter: itzy_spiderr

-Itzel :x