Chapter 21

Jenn's P.O.V.

We got to Calum's house and I unlocked the door. I've only been over a couple times but this time it felt different. I looked around in the living room and there were no family pictures except one that was face down. I picked it up noticing immediately it was old because of how young Calum looked. Then I remembered Calum's parents are coming home in a week and I was really nervous because I want them to like me.

I realized we forgot towels so I told Emma she could stay downstairs and I would just go get some in the upstairs closet. I jogged up the stairs to the closet and noticed Calum's parent's door cracked and went to shut it when I noticed a guitar so I opened the door to see it. When I did I noticed the room was filled with music sheets. There was nothing in there that made it a bedroom. There wasn't a bed or dresser, just a couch. It was really weird but I decided to talk to him about it later. I grabbed two towels and went back downstairs to Emma scrolling through Instagram.

We walked out the back patio door to where the pool was. We took our flip flops off, set our towels down, and then both of us jumped into the 5 foot deep pool. We swam around for probably 3 hours till both of us were hungry and got out. Our hair somehow looked half way decent so I used a comb I accidently left here and we went out to Panera to get dinner for ourselves.

Calum's P.O.V.

Luke and I were getting somewhere with the song but we're starting to understand that if we really want to make it as a band we needed and drummer and bassist. So we took our problem to Facebook hoping for some replies.

We got one from these two guys that lived about 30 minutes away and they said one was a drummer and the other played guitar. Their names were Michael and Ashton. Since Michael played the guitar and we needed a bassist we were going to see how well he was a guitar. They replied back and said that they wanted to meet and if they wanted to come to Luke's house. They said that this Saturday would work and so it was settled.

I was so excited and was really hoping that this band was going to work out. It would really help me out financially.

Jenn's P.O.V.

At Panera I got a barbecue chicken salad while Emma got some vegetable soup. When we sat down I remembered what Calum told me about Jc and what he saw in his room. We went to get our drinks and I was trying to figure out how to tell Emma because I'm not going to go up to her and be like, by the way I think your boyfriend is going to kill Kian and his friends.

Back at our table I tried casually asked her how her relationship is going. She said it was good and her parents seem to like Jc but she isn't sure if she should tell them about the bullying or not. I told her that I would wait a little bit and then kind of mention the topic and just see what they feel about it. Then I couldn't take it and told her what Calum saw in Jc's room. At first she took it as a joke and that he probably doesn't remember after all the drinking.

"He seemed pretty sure," I said.

"I don't know. Is he positive?"

"I think so. Do you want me to have Calum talk to him about it?"

"No, I'll do it. I want him to hear it from me."

"Ok but just know I'm here for you," I said as I hugged her.

"Thanks," she responded.

"No problem but hey I have to talk to Calum about something so I'll text you later."

We shared our goodbyes as we left.

I sent Calum a quick text asking him if we could meet at his house so we could talk. He replied soon after so got in my car and headed to meet him.

****At Calum's house****

I sat on his couch listening to Twenty One Pilots since I got there before him. I heard someone open the door and I looked up to see Calum. I jumped up and went to give him a kiss to say hi. I noticed that he dyed the top of his hair blonde and that it looks really good on him. He said thanks and then asked what I wanted to talk about.

I told him to sit down and he did holding my hand asking me what's wrong. I didn't know to say it so I just did.

"Where are your parents?"

I saw Calum's face completely changed but then he quickly responded saying that they are on a business trip in Washington. I could tell he wasn't in the same mood as he was before I asked the question. He seemed sad.

I wanted to figure what was wrong so I told him about how the room he told me was theirs didn't have a bed or anything. I could feel his hand shaking in mine and his eyes starting to glisten with tears. It pained me to see him like this so I moved by him and he leaned onto me as he broke out in tears.

My heart was breaking at this point for him. I just held onto him and his cried. I started rubbing his back to try and get him to calm down. After a while I saw him wipe his eyes and sniffling soon replaced the tears. He sat back up and I could see his bottom lip trembling and his eyes a little red.

"Baby what's wrong," I asked looking him in eye waiting for him to respond.

As we sat there I could tell he was trying to say something but it was like he couldn't. Then I heard him say,

"My parents are dead."

___________________________________________

Thank you for everyone who is still reading this book. I can't believe it has 19k reads. I don't know how I go this many because this book isn't great and I'm horrible at updating but I'm trying to get better at it. Again thanks for all the love!! <3<3