Chapter 18:kiss

"You think they're awake?"

"No I don't think so." A few muffled voices sounded as I stired a little in my sleep.

"Ok leggo."

Something cold splashed onto me unexpectedly and I shot up immediately, my vision blurred from the ice cold liquid.

"WHAT THE HELL MAN." I shouted along with a distint male voice.

Looking around, I saw Calum soaked as well, wet pieces of hair stuck to his forehead.

I couldn't help but giggle at Calum's face which contorted into annoyance. Following the direction if his eyes, it landed on a snickering Luke and Nia, both carrying empty buckets.

"You guys poured ice water on us and wet the whole entire tour bus at 7 in the morning?" I screeched, trying to get rid of the excess water dripping off my sleeves.

"Its one in the afternoon." Luke corrected me.

"So we had to get you guys up somehow and we thought water was the best solution." Nia cheekily grinned as she gave Luke a high five, quickly leaving before I had the chance to claw them to death.

I was about to go change when my eyeballs met with a toned six-pack that was inked with tattoos on his collarbones.

And due to my raging hormones, I could barely keep my eyes off it.

"Like what you see?" Calum gave a cocky smirk with his wet bunched up t-shirt in one hand.

Of course this was the most appropriate time for Calum to take off his shirt with water glistening down his chest.

Yeah,very appropriate.

I ran out before I could embarrass myself further. I dried myself off and changed into a new set of clothes, hitting Luke and Nia on the way out.

It was finally one of those rare days when everyone was free including 5sos, who usually had a pretty busy schedule.

We were left to do whatever we wanted until our sound and check and concert.

"Hey Rena, I wrote this song and was hoping if you'll like to see it." Calum asked after he had a change of clothes.

"But what about the rest, they're gonna find out we're gone." I asked.

Well technically, everyone but us was gone. They must have already made plans while we were sleeping.

"Screw them lets just go."

Calum hood at his finest ladies and gentleman.

I sighed and took Calum's hand as he grabbed Casey's guitar from the tour bus and took me to a hidden studio in the area which only artistes knew about.

I recognized a few familiar faces milling about the place.

So this is what heaven looks like.

We went inside one of the soundproof rooms and settled ourselves on the couch.

"So this song I wrote is called disconnected and I want you to give me your honest opinion, alright?" Calum asked as I nodded my head in response, curious to what this song was about.

He nervously cleared his throat and strummed the guitar, hesitantly looking up at me as I gave him a reassuring smile.

Life's a tangled web

Of cellphone calls and hashtag I-don't-knows

He began, his fingers gingerly pressing on the strings of the guitar as his voice brought life to the song.

And you

You're so caught up

In all the blinking lights and dial tones

I found myself tapping my fingers to the beat if the song, admiring the side views of Calum's jaw clenching and unclenching.

I like the summer rain

I like the sounds you make

We put the world away

We get so disconnected

You are my getaway

You are my favorite place

We put the world away

Yeah we're so disconnected

I stared intently at Calum, feeling the myriad of emotions in his voice. A warn and tingly feeling spread through my chest as he moved on to the next verse.

Hands around my waist

You're counting up the hills across the sheets

My jaw dropped slightly when he looked up and locked eyes with me, my heartbeat starting to race. His eyes held a glint to it making them ten times more mesmerizing.

I scooted closer, our breaths mixing.

Tune out the static sounds of the city that never sleeps

He's coming closer, so close I could see his pupils dilate, so close I could memorize every tiny detail on his face, his lips moving as he sang.

Here in the moment of the dark side of the screen.

A pair of soft lips brushed against my lips as my eyes widened at the sudden contact.

Calum stopped playing and his hands settled at my waist and crashed his lips onto mine.

I straightened at first, not knowing how to react, but slowly relaxing during the kiss. Tilting my head as I cupped his face, pressing my lips even harder against his as I tried to catch up with his pace.

But we needed to come up for air, Calum the first to break the kiss.

No, it wasn't like in the movies where 'sparks fly'. But the kiss had something special in it, something that left my wanting more.

"Do you like it?" Calum asked, breathless.

"I love it." I said before reattaching my lips to his soft, pink ones.

*********************

AHHHHHHHHHH HOLY SHIZ THEY KISSED ARE U HAPPY CAUSE I'M HAPPY WOOOOO

I've been waiting for the chance to put the kiss in AND THE DAY HAS COME

It was so weird writing the kiss but i hoped u enjoyed it lol

I know disconnected is not a new song but it fit in perfectly with the scene so let's just pretend it is

Guess what I AM FREE FROM THE CHAINS OF HELL BECAUSE EXAMS ARE OFFICIALLY OVERRRRR!!!!

So expect more frequent updates (I hope)

and thank you so much for 2k reads and 100 votes u guys ROCK

5SOS IS FREAKING COMING TO SINGAPORE NEXT YEAR I'M NOT CRYING I SWEAR THEY ARE COMING THEY ARE REAL DEAR LAWD HELP US ALL AHAHJSBDJEBEJEJSJDJDJDJDJJDJD

Anywho

Have u guys heard hey everybody and the video is coming out in 2 days like seriously I'm so proud of the boys and I'm so emotional sgfg is coming out and people are starting to take them seriously and see them as a actual band and they have come so far I just... gimme a moment I'm a fucking emotional wreck right now.

MAY THIS RELUM KISS BLESS UR SOUL AND I HOPE U LIKE THIS CHAPTER

song recommendation: tooth and nail by state champs