Chapter Twenty one - Part one: Uncovering the truth

Freya's POV

"What? How is this possible?" I gasp. "What is it?" Liam asks panicky. I lift it up. Its jagged sides press into my finger tips and nip the tips of them. The black engravery across the front and back and a name which I of course recognized straight away. "Its... The dark ones dagger?" I say speechless. All I knew of the dagger was that Rumpelstiltskin was the dark one a few years before I was born and he got the darkness removed from him and the dagger was never to be seen again. "The dagger from the storybook mom used to read us?" Liam asks. I don't flinch. "Yes... But it has moms name on it." I say with tears in my eyes. "That's impossible! Mom was never the dark one." Liam explains.

Thoughts were being thrown into my head. What if she lied to us the whole time. My parents would never lie. At all the magic lessons I had growing up my mom would always say she could never lie to us. I put the dagger back in the box and place it in my saddles pocket. "Freya wait up!" Liam says jumping into his horse. I jumped onto Piper and within seconds rode of in the direction of our castle. "Freya! Freya!" Liam shouts behind me. I wiped my tears away and reached the castles stables shortly before Liam catched up.

Killian's POV

"Emma, they will be fine! They are, our kids after all." I say trying to soothe her. "I can't just sit here and wait, I'm going to get a search party out looking for them." Emma says standing up. We both hear horses hooves thumping off the ground and we look towards the door where Freya had just rode in on Piper. "Freya!! Where have you been? Where's Liam! Why didn't you come home when I told you too!" Emma said screaming in relief. "I'm fine. It doesnt matter." She says jumping of her horse in anger. "Freya are you okay?" I asked. "Like i said im fine." She snaps. Liam rides in and jumps of his horse looking a little annoyed.

"Why did you leave me? Freya what is wrong with you!" Liam says shouting at her. "Liam.." I say grabbing his hand. "Can you all just leave me alone! You never listen to me!!" Freya shouts. She shoots a yellow light towards the wall in anger. She realised what she did and ran out of the stables and into the castle. "What was that about?!" Emma asks Liam. "Ummm. I don't know. Maybe you should ask her yourself." Liam says walking into the castle.
"What is going on?" Emma asks me worried. "I don't know. We should go up and check on Freya." I say grabbing Emma's hand and she squeezes it. We walk back unto the castle and up the stairs to Freya's room.

Emma's POV

I hadn't been so nervous before walking up these stairs towards Freya's room. She's getting older and I have a feeling she will uncover the truth one of these days. Killian knocked at her door and there was no response. I opened the door and walked on in. "Freya, tell me what's going on." I say sharply. "I don't know, you tell me." She snaps. "Freya! Don't speak to your mother like that." Killian shouts.

"Freya... You can tell me anything." I say sitting down on the bed beside her. She opens her satchel and takes out a long black box. "The question is, can you tell me anything?" Freya says opening the latch of the box.

Authors note: Sorry it took so long to update this chapter. I've been busy lately and I keep forgetting to publish these chapters.

Its once day tomorrow wohoo!!