Chapter 21

Ariel

"Where is he staying?" Patty leaned against the building we stopped at, holding his hand to his stomach and breathing heavily.

I paced back and forth, my fingers pressed against my neck to check my heartbeat. I pulled out my phone that had just beeped and checked the message.

Hurry please

I let out a small wimper and clutched my phone tightly.

Patty ran over and started rubbing my back, trying to uncurl my fingers with his other hand. He took the phone from my grip and read the message quickly before sighing and shoving my phone into his pocket. "Do you know where he is Ari."

My mind started racing, all the texts Dean and I sent back forth started running through my mind. I reached into Patty's pocket, taking my phone back and started the scroll up through the messages Dean and I had sent to eeach other.

"31 Chester Lane." I said, out of breath as I looked at the message sent to me a couple days ago when we first got separated.

"I don't think it's that far from here." Patty stated, looming around at where we were "If we start now we'll make it before sun down."

I shook my head at his statement.

"It'll take to long to walk."

Patty shook his at my statement in return. I saw the fear flashing through his eyes as he realized what I was saying.

"Patty I know you're scared of anything with wheels." I grabbed his arm as he tried to back away and held him in front of me. "But my younger brother is in trouble." I lifted his head up to look at me and as I did I felt a tear trail down my cheek. "And I need your help to save him."

Patty's hands clenched into fists and unclenched a couple times, his eyes held a nervous expression as he battled with himself to try and find something to say.

"Fine." He finally said. "Call a cab." I let out a small sound of thanks and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"You're welcome." He whispered back. "But call the cab before I change my mind."

I ran out of the ally type thing we were in and onto the busy side walk, waving my arm to signal a cab.

Patty stood beside me.

I heard his heavy breathing as I tried to signal a cab.

A cab finally pulled up the curb and I jumped in, pulling Patty in after me before he could pull away.

His fists were clenched and he gripped the handle thing on the ceiling so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

I told the driver where to go then I turned to Patty who looked like he wasn't breathing.

"I can't do this Ari."

I rubbed his shoulder, biting my lip as I looked at the windows nervously.

"I know your nervous Patty." I whispered quietly so that the driver wouldn't be able to hear me. "But you're half way there."

He opened his eyes that were momentarily closed and looked at me. "What do you mean?" His voice sounded strained. It was obvious that he was scared.

"You're already in the car." I gestured around us.

"But we're moving." He closed his eyes again and took a deep breath.
"Yes we're moving." I looked out the window again, trying to read the street signs but we were going to fast. "But we'll stop."

"In a firey death." He muttered under his breath.

I clenched my jaw and brushed his blue hair away from his face.

"Look Pat." I said. "We're not going to die in a firey death." I pushed his hair back again and made him turn his head to look at me. "You're just remembering what happened to your father and brother, that won't happen to you"

His eyes opened and he just stared at me, the most innocent look on his face.

"We're gonna be okay Patty." I put my hand on his cheek.

He didn't do anything, he didn't move, his eyes were just locked on mine.

"We're here."

Both of us looked up in surprise, we were parked outside a dingy old one story house.

"This really where you want to be?" The driver turned around and looked at us.

"Yes." Patty answered for me as he checked the address of the house. "Thanks."

I handed Patty the money who handed it to the driver. I got out and stood on the cracked sidewalk, looking up at the old house that held my brother.

"Ready?" Patty asked, standing beside on the sidewalk beside me.

I nodded and swallowed harshly.

"Then lets go."