three

Adriana's P.O.V

After my dad and I walked out of the airport we called an Uber to pick us up and take us to our new house. Once the Uber arrived, we put our things in the trunk and got in.

"Where to?", the cab driver asked us as he looked at my dad through the rear view mirror.

My dad told him the house address and we were on our way. I turned my phone off of airplane mode and I immediately got a text from Gisselle that was sent three hours ago.

Giselle: Hey Adriana I know you're on a plane right now so you won't get this message till later but text me when you land love you💗

Adriana: Hey B, I'm in a cab rn, currently on my way to our new house.

I wasn't surprised that she texted back right away.

Giselle: When did you land?

Adriana: Not that long ago. I made a new friend on the plan though 😁

Giselle: You best not be replacing me! 😤 I'll fly to Nebraska and kick your ass!

Adriana: lmao nah babes no one can replace my best friend 😘 besides he was 13 😂

Giselle: ok good 😂 have you arrived at your house yet?

Adriana: not yet

Giselle: oh well do you know what it looks like?

Adriana: nope my dad said it's supposed to be a "surprise"

***

"You have arrived at your destination.", the navigation system said.

I shot my head up and looked out the window of the cab. The house was big. Much bigger than the house we had back in Cali. I turned my phone off and got out the cab. After me and my dad got all our bags he paid the driver and he drove off. I looked up at the house in front of me and accidentally cursed in front of my dad.

"Holy shit dad."

"Adriana please. We've been over this many times, please watch your mouth when you're around me."

He didn't like it when I said bad words but I mean sometimes they slip ya know.

"Dad this place is huge! How are we even living here? This must've cost so much."

"Everything is affordable when you don't buy it in California.", he chuckled.

He was right. I always see all these posts on twitter about all these college kids buying these huge houses for so little in all these other states. With the amount they spent on their houses, I can afford to live in a shack in Cali.

We got to the porch and my dad pulled out the key. He unlocked the door and we walked in pulling in our luggage behind us.

I looked around in awe and took everything in. To the left of me was the living room, to the right there was the kitchen, and straight across were the stairs.

I walked up the stairs and started looking for a room. I already knew my dad was going to take the master bedroom, so I skipped it. I went to the far left and found a nice decent size room. It had a balcony, and a bathroom. The closet wasn't a walk in closet, but it was big enough to store my shoes and clothes.

I skipped the other rooms and walked back downstairs. I figured I'd check out the kitchen since I'd be spending a lot of time in there. When I walked in to the kitchen I found my dad looking at the pool in the back through the slide glass door.

"Did you find a room?", my dad asked me.

"Yea it's the one on the far left walking up the stairs."

"Do you like the place?", he asked.

"Like it? Dad it's amazing."

We walked out of the kitchen and went to the living room.

"So uhm...where are we going to sleep?", I asked him.

"Is your bed not here yet?", he asked surprised.

I shook my head no and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's not? They said our beds would be here before we arrived.", he told me.

"We don't even have a couch yet.", I chuckled.

"Well you have your blankets and pillows in the big suitcase so for now we can lay them down on the floor and sleep like that until your bed comes in."

"Yea ok but can we go somewhere to eat I'm starving.", I told him.

"Didn't you eat on the plane?"

"Ew no yuck! That's not food that's them trying to poison their passengers."

"Ok it's not that bad, I ate it.", he laughed.

My dad checked his phone to see the time. "You wanna go out somewhere to eat at 12:08 in the morning?", he laughed.

"Uhm yea.", I said sarcastically. He just laughed because he was already used to my sarcasm.

***

"Yea I'll take a medium sized cheeseburger with bacon, fries, and a Lemonade.", I told the lady.

"Ok anything else?"

"Yea I'll take a large double cheeseburger and I'll just take a Diet Pepsi.", my dad told the lady.

"Ok your order will be ready in about 5 minutes.", she smiled

Me and my dad sat down at the tables in Jack in the Box. We had no ride yet because the cars my dad bought should've been at our house by the time we got there along with our furniture, but they weren't, so we had to walk to Jack in the Box, luckily it was right around the corner.

"So summer break is almost over and school will be starting soon."

"Ugh don't remind me.", I rolled my eyes.

"Your gonna be going to West High School the home of the Warriors.", he said in a weird voice.

"No ew! Stop don't ever do that again!", I laughed.

"Order number 1"

We didn't have to look at our receipt to know that was our food because no one else was at Jack in the Box at midnight.

"Thank you, hope you enjoy your food.", the lady told us

"Thanks you too.", I told the lady and instantly regretted it when I realized that I basically told her to enjoy her food as well. Damn who let me drink more dumb bitch juice than usual today.

***

We finally arrived home and sat in the middle of the living room on the dark hardwood floor. We took out our food and started pigging out. When we finished our food I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and changed into leggings and my old cheer team shirt. Me and my dad laid our blankets and pillows on the living room floor and turned off the lights.

"Night dad."

"Night sweetie."

I closed my eyes and knocked out.

———

Ok I know you guys want jack to come up lol just be patient. Also, the house in the picture is the house they moved into.